TC Electronic BG250-210
TC Electronic BG250-210

BG250-210, Bass Guitar Combo Amp from TC Electronic in the BG250 series.

• Increase or decrease font size
Jet Intake 08/30/2017

TC Electronic BG250-210 : Jet Intake's user review

"Almost perfect for me – except for..."

• +1
  • Mail
Value For Money : Correct Audience: Anyone
One of the rare combos to feature a 2x10" speaker... Lightweight, yet powerful enough for small stages. Doen not color the instrument excessively... It doesn’t provide a Markbass’s sound of punch either, but for such a price it’s more than enough. The additional integrated tuner is appreciable.

I only regret the absence of an FX loop, and the fact that you can’t combine the 2 "Tone Print" effects.

A nice feature is the possibility to connect the XLR direct out before or after the amp’s EQ…

When I got it, I also appreciated the fact that TC was having a special discount with a free footswitch…

HOWEVER !!! after 18 months using it and a few shows :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered manufacturing issues, mainly screws badly fixed on a speaker – the tweeter in my case – and the box containing the electronic parts.
But worse even, there are repeated problems with the power supply, causing sparks when powering on and/or playing with the distortion switched on on certain notes. These problems appeared after a show during which I had pushed the volume hard. As a result, 3 shows and as many visits to be serviced. Bad luck, just a bad series? I’ll let you judge.

After 24 months using it :
------------------------------------------
My electronic issues have vanished, I had no need to contact service again. However, the cover vinyl is fragile: it gets scratched off at the merest impact. A flycase is necessary...