Hartke 2.5 XL
Hartke 2.5 XL

Bass Guitar Speaker from Hartke belonging to the AK series.

Jean-François à Châteaubriant Jean-François à Châteaubriant
Publié le 09/17/07 à 21:44
It is a 2X10-inch tweeter, but not an HP one 5-inch ... It changes everything!
I was looking for a speaker versatile and compact, and inexpensive, and which sounds (only that !)... I have found.
Associated with the head of the same brand (HA2500) is ideal. as it delivers 180 watts 8ohms which is a bit limited for the powerful rock, but it's great being on stage repiqué.D 'Besides, I'm going to add a 15-inch cabinet to spend all that into 4 ohms and retrieve the power is 250W.

I mean the low power issue becaufe nothing to add to this forum! I do not play the 5 string but serious yen all full! In addition to the lower midrange grunt is enjoyable, it snaps when it is necessary and sound unfolds beautifully, 5 meters is accurate and beautiful meadows is incomparable as a return preso!
The sound is very balanced with a little more roundness from so (I play four strings), it is probably due to the tuning of the box.
Having a non-hp and a tweeter is very important because the sound is that of a hp, it does not treble booster and especially does not blow! Yet 12 khz is high enough bass.
the dynamics of my game is respected and even if I decide to undo growl or clquer it responds well. Certainly not a 8x10 ampeg, but my lower back vertebrae tell me thank you.

I use it for more than six months on stage (rock, jazz, song, and metal variety) and repeating and anything goes. In fact if I add a baffle is especially for some repeated Caf'Conc 'where I can not dub bass and I play nice with nag, but with the same group most of the time I not need more than 2.5 XL.Pour jazz and funk is terrible, the only thing is probably to reggae, but to see how the sound spreads probably serait'il enough ..?
the weight / price / power is halucinant, commissioned in Germany it is even very profitable!
I'm really happy I even failed to take a second to double the sound forward.