Ibanez GSR190J
Ibanez GSR190J

Bass Package from Ibanez belonging to the Jumpstart Package series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 10/27/08 à 03:44
(Originally written by TomOuaips/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

Specs:
- 4-strings electric bass guitar
- Two passive pickups with one volume and two tone controls
- Bolt-on neck with 22 frets
- Fender-like Ibanez bridge (floating)
- Ibanez machine heads
- Made in China

Usability:
Very pleasant neck although I prefer necks with a natural finish. Very easy access to the upper frets even when you stretch the strap to the maximum. The body shape isn't annoying but it doesn't look nice (I'm a jazz fan lol). I like the color (red).
I can easily get almost every sound I want using the controls and the amp's EQ.

Sound:
It's my first bass guitar so I can't compare it to other instruments. Of course it's not a Fender sound but it's ok. With the right setting you can get a Musicman-like sound. Rich overtones. The sound is good for finger picking and slap playing. For tapping the results aren't that good.
Both pickups sound very different. One of them has a round sound and the other a more neutral sound. Depending on my mood I like to play with one or the other or both of them. I play it with the amp provided in the pack or with a Fender Rumble.

Overall opinion:
It's my first bass guitar and I'm happy with it. I've been playing it with my band for 10 months and I like it. I use Fender strings. A small critique: One of the machine heads doesn't work properly but it only needs to be tightened. <p class="bbcode-offtopic">Off topic: <span>But I'm too lazy.</span> As a summary, this bass guitar fits the needs of beginners but I will buy a new one because I'm tired of its sound and my taste has evolved :D
Very, very good to learn how to play bass guitar!