Stagg DH-SET B
Stagg DH-SET B

Cymbal Pack from Stagg belonging to the DH series.

magmat magmat
Publié le 07/21/08 à 02:31
I just received (and use) this set of cymbals. I went a little in the dark, it must be said ...
So a 14-HH ', a crash of 16', a ride of 20 '+ a splash of 10' (in HS, the range of below), and I bought extra one crash of 15 ', let's fool ! I am, without being really (I'm a guitarist and drummer at heart), not very knowledgeable in equipment drumkit, even though I played a lot of stuff, for cons, I'm crazy in a comparator the field, without a priori marks.
Visually, they are very nice, nicely hammered, heavy enough, it smells strong.
I tried a lot of models in these price ranges (and Sabian B8 B8pro, Paiste 802 ...).
Yes, I come, and the sound then?!
I am very pleasantly surprised, the crash are very beautiful, lots of sustain, very fine, the 15 'very different and very complementary to the 16', much wider, the ride was a typical rock sound, it's nice to play on the bell. For splash, I think there are better, but ...
Set comes with bag, not bad at all.
I do it again so this choice without any hesitation (especially Woodbrass sale price, the price / quality ratio is phenomenal!) And as usual, buy the brand only to have the brand is not my thing. These cymbals sound much better than all the entries and medium ranges Sabian, Paiste and Zildjian.