Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2
Sony has launched Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers 2, the latest versions of its audio editors.
What's new in Sound Forge Pro 11:
- New recording window which allows to record several takes from a selection (loop) with pre and post-roll monitoring and pre/post-roll time setting from within the floating option window
- Ability to store multiple takes and find them in the undo/redo history after completing the recording
- Ability to monitor unarmed tracks during the recording
- New navigation form in the waveform
- Effect plug-in insert on the input
- New floating window for plug-in chains
- CALM-compliant meters (Commercial, Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act)
- New restoration and repair tools, including iZotope Nectact Elements
- Enhanced Event mode with the ability to convert regions into events, lock event and region markers, envelope points...
Last, you can transfer files between Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2 which has also been released today with the following new features:
- Overhauled audio engine for enhanced performances
- One-clic noise extraction feature
- Improved pitch shifter
- Marker and metadata edition
- New Shape Tool which allows to select sounds within the spectral view
- Logarithmic scale view for the frequency rates
- Remix options for faster resampling
- Enhanced GUI
- New Spectral Casting/Spectral Molding mode for "molding" or "casting" the impression of a frequency signature of a layer in the spectral view of a second layers. This will create a third layer called Impression Layer that can be modified (phase reverse for example) and combine to the second layer (see the video on the Sony website for further details)
Sound Forge Pro 11 is available for $399.95 and upgrades from any previous versions of Sound Forge are offered for $199.95 and $329.95 for Forge Audio Studio users. It is only available for Windows.
You can also get both softwares bundled in Audio Master Suite, which also features CD Architect 5.2 and a 1600+ sound library (Sony Sound Series, $498 value). It is available for $599.95. If you decide to purchase Sound Forge Pro 11 or SpectraLayers Pro 2 and complete the bundle later, the upgrade retails for $329.95.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia updates Spark software to v1.7 Arturia has released the v1.7 software update for its Spark and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine groove machines.
- Kymatica launches an effect series for iOS Kymatica has launched on the Apple AppStore the first of its new AUFX Series apps, the AUFX:Space reverb.
- Sugar Bytes WOW2 now available Sugar Bytes has announced the release of the second version of its WOW filter plug-in for Mac and PC.