RME Audio ADI-6432R BNC
The new RME ADI-6432R BNC, with 64 channels of format conversion from MADI to AES-3id and vice versa, has started shipping.
Based on RME's MADI-AES/AES-MADI converter ADI-6432, the newly developed ADI-6432R BNC features BNC connectors and dual redundant power supplies, while offering 64 channels of I/O capability. The BNC version targets broadcast and professional users who require AES-3id connections - coaxial 75 Ohm cables with up to 300m length.
Typical applications include two ADI-6432R used as digital multicore, or one unit used as AES-3id frontend for the RME HDSPe MADI card. Built in 2 height units the ADI-6432R BNC is said to provide enough space for all connectors and control elements.
The unit includes the following features:
• Support for up to 192 kHz with MADI and AES
• Status displays for MADI and AES
• Remote controlable via MIDI
• Transfer of MIDI data via MADI
• Transfer of RS232 data via MADI
• Redundant power supply
The ADI-6432R BNC provides both coaxial (BNC) and optical (glass fiber) MADI connectors, and accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
As an option, the ADI-6432R is also available with Single Mode MADI connectors, which make the ADI-6432R BNC compatible to existing single-mode networks and to MADI signal distribution over extremely long distances (up to 10km).
For more details, visit www.rme-audio.de.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Drawmer HQ Precision Pre-amp / DAC Drawmer has unveiled the HQ, a combined monitor pre-amp/volume controller and DAC aimed at devotees to high-fidelity audio.
- Samplicity October Reverb Impulses Discount Samplicty has lowered the prices for its three Impulse Responses libraries with 30% during October.
- AT2020USB Paired with UVI Workstation Audio-Technica has announced its co-operation with French software company Ultimate Sound Bank to offer free sample player and soundbank software with purchases of its popular AT2020 USB microphone.