[NAMM] Behringer launches the iX16 iPad mixer
Mackie has now a competitor on the digital iPad mixer market, with Behringer introducing at NAMM 2013 the new iX16 digital mixer for iPad.
Designed around a form factor suited for home or on stage mix position, the Behringer iX16 features 16 digitally-programmable MIDAS-designed mic pres, all controllable remotely from the supplied iPad app and a 40-Bit floating-point DSP. Control options include PC/Mac/Linux over Ethernet or Wi-Fi as well as iPhone/iPod Touch for personal monitor mixing right out the box.
Behringer has included the ULTRANET digital audio network technology for direct connection of the iX16 into a network with X32 Digital Mixers or the company’s new iQ Networked Active Loudspeaker line, for 16-channel connectivity over a single CAT5 cable. The same system allows for connection of the P16 Personal Monitor system, allowing for up to 64 monitor mixes. A USB 2.0 interface turns the iX16 into an 18 x 18 channel audio interface.
The iX16 also includes MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment. Presets can be saved internally and backed onto a USB drive through the type-A connector that also serves as a stereo recorder directly to flash.
For recording applications, iX16 features a bi-directional 18-channel USB audio interface that, combined with the 40-bit digital mix engine, elevates recording to a new level of sonic clarity. A Virtual FX rack is also included with 4 true stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L, PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS, etc. Latency announced is <0.8 msec.
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps
- 6 TRS aux sends and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 18 x 18 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- 8 buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing
- Virtual FX rack featuring 4 true-stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- iPad and PC apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wifi
More on www.behringer.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.