Event Electronics EZBus
Event Electronics EZBus
Inmasol Inmasol
Published on 02/09/03 at 13:30
Both audio interface PC / Mac, console and digital control surface for software (settings for all soft like cubase, sonar, logic, etc. ....).
Sampling up to 24bit/96kHz, amp, 18 ales analog I / O ADAT and S / PDIF, 8 analog outputs indpendantes, and of course USB connection PC and Mac.
3 band parametric EQ, dynamics (compressor, noisegate)
0 latency at the table (seeing that any latency comes from the computer, rather reassuring Evolutiv issue)
In short there at all, just a pity that this is not a firewire connection instead of USB .......

Manual clear with good tutorials can quickly master the machine.
The beginning is a bit confusing: the architecture of the machine, numrique, actually allows to assign any input to any output (roughly fader control n1 not force entry an analog that does not necessarily the main mix is ​​"panquot, who left ... which .....), not evident. In addition there are 2 modes: 1 audio (mixer classic) and pressing a button it switches to virtual or faders and knobs control the faders and functions of the software you use (I've used in sonar, no worries).
After a weekend the machine no longer has a secret.
Only the equalizer is a little complex used

Converters really excellent, but good.
It is true that USB is not gnial to the audio (as with any USB audio card), but coupled to a PCI ADAT is the bomb ......

A 002 digi-third of the price, works with any software that could be better?
Good faders are not motorized (the table uses a principle of mmorisation fader positions and active when reaches the value MMore but there is a notch with all the information (what not on the tascam) and especially the quality of sound, the comfort of work (this is really pressing the red button to record ...) mean that I am more than satisfied with my purchase (no I not work for event ... I love my console, that's all ...)
3 months I use it without worries. I hesitated with a MOTU firewire on the same price (I bought the EZbus in Germany, a 400 euro cheaper, normal), I'm really happy to have avoided the MOTU.

But be careful: there are two USB standards, posing a problem any USB audio interface of any brand: sounds with crackling, Bond used to the ultra short USB cable, double-check before you buy.
That said ADAT card can avoid all this