Midas has launched the latest additions to its PRO Series of digital consoles, the Midas PRO2 and PRO2C live audio systems, at PLASA 2011, stand 1-F19.
The PRO2/PRO2C are based on the Midas XL8. Essentially the same console as the PRO2, the PRO2C has eight fewer input faders and a smaller frame, at 730mm by 880mm, compared to 730mm and 1180cm for the PRO2. Both consoles share the same components and finish as the rest of the PRO Series, including the Alex Cooper-designed mic preamps, A-D converters, and daylight-viewable screens.
The PRO2 features three modes of channel navigation: FOH Normal, MON Normal and Advanced, which is designed to allow engineers to mix a number of inputs on a compact control surface. Putting a PRO2/PRO2C into Advanced navigation mode enables one of its innovations: MCA (Master Control Association) groups. These operate in a similar way to the established VCA (Variable Control Association) groups, but are specific to the selected bus. When the PRO2/PRO2C is in Advanced navigation mode with MCA navigation engaged, the MCA faders control the contributions of their members only to the currently selected bus.
As the PRO2s/PRO2Cs can be operated in a number of different ways, they come with console templates to allow exploration of the new navigation concepts. In Normal mode, operation of the PRO2/PRO2C is similar to various other digital consoles. The Advanced navigation features can be implemented as the operator becomes familiar with the console. All Midas digital console showfiles are compatible with all Midas digital consoles, allowing a show written on a PR02/PRO2C to run on a PR03, PRO6, PRO9, XL8 and vice versa.
- New iPad application
- 56 mic/line inputs with Midas mic preamps
- 64 input channels
- 32 analogue outputs (including 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
- 2 AES3 outputs
- 2 AES3 inputs
- 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent buses
- 6 stereo FX engines
- Up to 28 Klark Teknik DN370 31-band Graphic EQs
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups
- 6 POPulation groups
- 192 MCA (Master Control Association) groups
- 48 × 16 × 100m digital snake included
The Midas PRO2/PRO2C standard system consists of a control surface and one 5U DL251 19” rack I/O unit, connected by a networked audio and data system. The network carries both proprietary control data and open architecture AES50 digital audio, and uses standard CAT-5E or CAT-6 cabling and connectors. PR02/PR02C is network-compatible with all other Midas digital systems and I/O devices. The PRO2 control surface weighs in at 46kg, with the PRO2C tipping the scales at 37kg.
The Midas PRO2/PRO2C is described as the first Midas product to provide compatibility with the new iPad application, which will be rolled out to all other consoles by the year end. The Midas iPad app will permit a user to control remotely, wirelessly, all console fader positions including inputs, outputs and VCA faders. It will allow remote control of all onboard GEQ, and also provide the operator with a console overview, including input and output meters in real-time.
Check out www.midasconsoles.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.