[NAMM] PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI digital mixer
PreSonus today introduces at NAMM 2013 the StudioLive 32.4.2AI 32-channel performance and recording digital mixer.
This StudioLive 32.4.2AI digital mixer features next-generation Active Integration technology, including a dual-core computing engine that packs over 64 times the processing power and 10,000 times more RAM than the previous top-of-the-line StudioLive 24.4.2. Its integral communications also makes possible wireless control of the mixer without requiring an external computer.
- 32 mic/line inputs with Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers
- 4 subgroups
- Stereo/mono main out
- 14 auxiliary mixes
- 48-in/34-out FireWire S800 digital recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- 60 channel strips
- Trim control with –20 to +20 dBV line/-15 to +65 dBu mic gain range (80dB!)
- +48V phantom power switch for condenser microphones
- Digital Audio Input Select
- 100 mm precision faders
- Lighted Solo and Mute buttons
- 6 mute groups with All On/All Off switches
- Access to Fat Channel functions
- 15-LED ladder metering + clip LED
- Analog ¼" insert (rear panel)
- 4 subgroup buses, each with Solo, Mute, Access to Fat Channel functions (except high-pass filter and phase reverse)
- 14 aux sends, each with, Solo, Mute, Pre/post-fader send, Output-level control, Access to Fat Channel functions (except phase reverse), Mix and Mix/Pan Fat Channel value displays
- 4 internal effects sends (two reverbs, two delay effects)
- Master Section with Aux Input A and B, Level Control and Select (Fat Channel metering) switch, Access to all Fat Channel functions (except phase reverse)
- Talkback System with Mic Level control, Output Select (Aux 1-2, 3-8, 9-14, Main), Rear-panel XLR mic input with trim control and continuous 48V phantom power
- 2 Track In with Level control, Tape Input to Mains button, Main Digital Audio Return on/off
- Solo Bus with Cue Mix volume control, PFL/AFL and Solo In Place (SIP) buttons, Latch, Radio, and CR Modes
- Monitor Bus with Headphone-output level control, Control-room monitor-level control, Solo Bus to Monitor button, Tape Input to Monitor button, Main Digital Audio Return to Monitor button, Main Mix to Monitor button
- Fat Channel with rotary encoders: Pan with dedicated 15-LED display, Stereo link for input channels, aux buses, and subgroups, Phase reverse (main channels only), High-pass filter, Gate, Bandpass Key Filter, second-order resonant bandpass filter Q (0.7) with Key Listen function, Compressor, Release, Makeup Gain, Soft Knee switch, 4-band fully parametric equalizer, Master EQ On/Off button, Limiter
- 50 channel-strip presets for drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, and vocals
- 4 internal digital effects-processors (2 reverbs, 2 delays), each with 50 customizable presets
- 16 31-band graphic equalizers assignable to each aux bus and the Main bus
- Scene Store and Recall with 6 Quick Scene buttons for instant Scene save/recall
- Displays : 24 x 16- LED Fat Channel matrix, 8 x 15-LED main meter bank, 15-LED horizontal Pan/Balance display, 64 x 194 LCD matrix and 2-digit Channel Selected display
- 32 main inputs, each with XLR mic, ¼" line, and ¼" inserts
- 2 ¼" balanced stereo (L/R) aux inputs
- 1 XLR talkback-mic input with XMAX preamp, phantom power (always on), and level control
- Unbalanced RCA stereo (L/R) tape inputs and outputs
- XLR stereo (L/R) main outputs with level control
- ¼" balanced stereo (L/R) main outputs
- XLR mono output with level control
- ¼" balanced stereo (L/R) control-room outputs
- ¼" headphone output
- 4 ¼" balanced subgroup outputs
- 14 ¼" balanced aux outputs
- 32 pre-insert, balanced direct outputs, Ch. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32 (DB25 sockets)
- Dedicated USB 2.0 port and included Wi-Fi LAN adapter for wireless communications
- Installed Option Card with S/PDIF digital out and 2 FireWire S800 ports
- Optional I/O cards: Thunderbolt-FireWire S800-S/PDIF Out, Ethernet/Dante-FireWire S800-S/PDIF Out
- High-definition analog-to-digital converters (118 dB dynamic range)
- Unlimited-headroom, 32-bit floating point, digital mixing and effects processing
- Internal sample frequency 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz
The StudioLive 32.4.2AI digital mixer is expected to be available in April 2013, with an anticipated MSRP of $4,999 and MAP of $3,999. More information on www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-3242AI/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Mackie DL806 mixer and DLM speakers Mackie adds an 8 channel little brother to the DL1608 touch mixer and launches the DLM loudspeakers designed to be controlled by the DL mixers.
- [NAMM] Behringer confirms the 4 new X32 mixers We announced it yesterday, and Behringer confirms today the expansion of the X32 mixer series with the Compact, Producer, Rack and Core models.
- [NAMM] Behringer to unveil new X32 tomorrow ? Behringer could introduce tomorrow at NAMM new versions of their X32 digital mixers, and possibly rack models.