Roland is preparing a new live console
Roland will launch in 2015 a new mixing console for live that will be compatible with the Audinate Dante audio network.
Called M-5000, this new digital console with USB connection is based on the Roland proprietary OHRCA architecture (Open High Resolution and Configurable Architecture), which allows for a free setup of the audio signals (mixing, aux, matrix, sub-groups, Mix-Minus bus, etc. up to 128 channels). This technology also offers a flexible user interface and workflow, with a touchscreen and iPad/Mac and PC remote control, protocole expansion via optional cards, including Dante, or a a choice of multiformat I/O.
- 28 channel faders in 4 groups
- Up to 300 inputs at 96kHz or 460 at 44.1 / 48kHz
- Up to 296 outputs at 96kHz or 456 at 44.1 / 48kHz
- Up to 128 mixing channels (inputs, mains, aux, sub-groups, matrix, Mix-minus, monitor, comm, osc (2 oscillators available) and headphones)
- 2 dynamic and EQ processor sections
- Signal delay on each input and output
- Channel Link feature
- Supports 5.1 Surrond and LCR
- 24 DCA
- 8 Mute groups
- 8 stereo multi-effects (digital reverb, delay, multiband compressor, dynamic EQ based on the Roland processors as well as digital and analog distortions and delays based on the Boss effect pedals)
- 2 Solo systems and Solo in Place
- 32 graphic and parametric EQs
- 2 audio analyzers
- 12” color touch screen
- Multifunction buttons and knobs
- Touch and Turn feature
- User assignable section with 4 encoders and 8 buttons in 3 banks
- 2 REAC ports
- 2 slots for expansion cards (Dante, MADI, Waves SoundGrid…)
- 16 XLR analog inputs and outputs
- 2 XLR Talkback mic (3 systems supported)
- 4 XLR AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs
- 2 1/4” and 1/8” headphone outputs
- BNC Wordclock input and output
- MIDI In and out/thru
- RS-232C on DB-9 connector
- 2 USB Type A ports to memory and LAN adapter
- USB type B port to computer
- 10-pin mini DIN DOCK cable
- GP E/S on DB-25
- 2 inputs for 1/4” footswitches
- 2 XLR LAMP ports
- 16-channel USB audio interface
- Records 2 channels (1 stereo) to iPad and USB drive
- 72-bit internal processing
- 24-bit / 96kHz AD/DA converters
- Compatible with the Digital Snakes S-4000S Modular, S-2416, S-1608/S-0816 and S-0808
- Compatible with the M-48 personal monitoring devices
- Remote control via iPad as well as Mac and PC with dedicated software/app
The Roland M-5000 is expected during Summer, 2015. Visit proav.roland.com for full details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- New Lightning Boy Audio Flux Bender EQ Lightning Boy Audio announces the availability of its new Flux Bender hardware passive stereo tube equalizer.
- Chandler Limited recreates the REDD.47 preamp Chandler Limited, in partnership with the Abbey Road engineers, has recreated the tube preamp that equipped the REDD.51 mixing consoles.
- New Harbinger LvL compact mixers Harbinger Audio introduces three new ultra compact analog mixers for small bands, solo musicians and broadcasters.