[Musikmesse][VIDEO] Soundcraft Vi3000 mixer
Soundcraft also debuts its new Vi3000 digital mixing console in Frankfurt, so we went to see it at Musikmesse 2014.
- Digital mixing console
- 36 FaderGlow faders with color code depending on the functions (sends, send on fader, VCA groups, EQ…)
- 24 mono/stereo busses
- 4 Vistonics II touch screens, each presenting 16 switches and rotary encoders, color code for the functions
- Store and Recall snapshots and cue
- 40-bit floating SpireCore DSP processors, with 4 Lexicon stereo multi-effects (14 types or reverb, 7 delays and 8 pitch shifters), BSS graphic EQ on each output, dbx compression and more
- Built-in Dante interface
- USB port
- Ethernet port
- MIDI connection
- DVI output
- Redundant power supply
- 2 bays for expansion modules (MADI or Soundcraft Stagebox for example)
- Compatible with the Soundcraft Realtime Rack, a hardware/software solution developed in collaboration with Universal Audio (74 UAD plug-ins)
- Compatible with the VISI remote control app for iPad
Full details of this new Vi3000 are available at www.soundcraft.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.