Agrandir
Roland EP-7

Digital Piano from Roland belonging to the EP series.

Michael-David Michael-David
Publié le 09/29/09 à 14:10
It's a 76 weighted-key digital piano. It has 6 preset sounds (acoustic piano, electric piano, vibraphone, organs and violins), and it also has two non-editable basic effects: Reverb and chorus. It also has MIDI (IN, THRU and OUT), two 1/4" jack outputs (left and right), and one sustain pedal input.

It's very pleasant to the touch, more like a high-end synth than a real piano — plastic has its limits. However, the keys turn yellow easily with time, so it's important to not leave it under direct light when not in use. I've used it as backup piano and master keyboard and it has performed well in both cases. Very easy configuration and clear manual.

It responds very well to the dynamics of your playing. Sturdy and comfortable, it won't disappoint anybody.

If you are looking for a solid digital piano to practice, a master keyboard, for live situations or for the studio, the EP-7 is an excellent compromise. The sounds are quite all right for a piano of its age, and the effects are rather well quantified.

There is one demo track and four tracks to record your songs to listen to them or transfer them via MIDI.

It's hard to find a typical place for it, at home, on stage, in the studio, or in a teenager's room, it will fit in nicely with its sober but still modern design. Roland is the best!

I had it two years before switching it for a real master keyboard, but when looking for the latter I wanted to find one with a similar feel and overall design and usability as this old piano. I've played quite a few digital pianos (Yamaha and Korg) and this one has everything to seduce the general public, despite its somewhat high, but justified, price.

I always take my time to reflect on what I'm about to buy, and this piano was no exception. Roland is still the best!