Elektron Monomachine SFX-6
Elektron Monomachine SFX-6

Digital Synth from Elektron belonging to the Monomachine series.

linn134 linn134

«  Multimachine! »

Published on 08/01/14 at 09:39
Version keypad SFX60 the SFX6 is a limited edition (500 copies) with a 3 octave keyboard corresponding to the velocity (but not aftertouch).

This is a funny box any length which includes the "standard" SFX60 and 3 octaves keyboard with joystick and garland LEDS.

We therefore have the characteristics of SFX60 decorated bonus provided by the keyboard, its LEDs, and switches its joystick.

As SFX60 must choose between 5 "machines" in parallel or one with 6 voice polyphony. It is multitimbral 6 monophonic voice but on each.

Various summaries (called "machines"):
- Virtual Analog: Superwave
- SID (emulated): SID
- FM: FM +
- Drums PCM: DigiPro
- Formant: VO
It is possible to mix the "machinery" and can well use the same six times.

So six sequencers in parallel to "turn" these machines with interesting bonus tracks 6 other sequences to control up to six external modules (expanders, samplers, ...).

The general configuration is it simple?
In fact yes. I found the animal a little tight at first by testing it with my buddy, but I got used to it in ten minutes.
You can go far enough (especially with P-Locks) and the manual is very useful. But this is not an incomprehensible machine.

Editing sounds and effects is it easy?
Instead. It's very friendly when we understand the logic Elektron.

The manual is clear and sufficient?
Yes I do.

Overall the sounds are nice, "machines" are powerful enough and the possibilities are vast. We are not facing a monster synthesis, some parameters are missing when you want to go really far.

Fortunately, P-Locks and 18 LFOs are there and allow good "move" the sound.

This is a very typical machine with a "digital" grain that must be assumed. The goal is not to reproduce the Moog, Oberheim or Buchla sounds. Navigating in a world that can go from the cold and sharp to soft and slightly muffled. Roundness and warmth are not in its attributes, we need to know and do with it.

I use it for a few days.
This is my ... oh, thirtieth machine less. Of course I do not have thirty machine to me, some stayed and others have been replaced or just sold.

I had the chance to test many machines many manufacturers:
Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Ensoniq, E-Mu, Elektron, Oberheim, Analogue Solutions, Quasimidi, Hohner, Casio, Kurzweil, ... the list is long.

Very pleased with this comes Monomachine sequencer "electro" very convenient. Quantize it hard, it is simple and effective. Combined with more flexible machinery is bliss. The sound is good, we want more: more machines at the same time! But it becomes a gas plant and the richness of the Elektron range is there, it allows you to run at the same time as sequencers than machines.

A very nice bike. Not ugly, oddly elegant in its raw and assumed dress.

It's addictive. We always wonder if we are not going to buy another, then another ... what my dear buddy of P & K: he has all or substantially all (still missing AD).

Machine recommended. I dreamed of this machine without knowing it was her.