MGR/Sp_laser 04/11/2003

Yamaha F310 : MGR/Sp_laser's user review

« Yamaha F-310 »

• Partager
I bought a Yamaha F-310 about a year and a half ago from a catalogue store in the high street. I paid £100 ($150) for it and the package included a guitar tutor book by Yamaha.

Admittedly, I chose this guitar for its price - it is very reasonable to get a steel string guitar for £100!

I thoroughly enjoy playing this guitar. It has a nice bright sound and complements other acoustic guitars nicely. It also stays in tune for a long time. It has also maintained its sound well and hasn't started making any nasty noises yet!

I found that the action on the strings to be a little too high - so I had the bridge lowered. Unfortunately, that made the strings buzz on some frets. I therefore had the frets smoothed and filed down. Now it sounds gorgeous! I have also replaced the strings with a heavier set. I found this resonated the body much better and produced a more rounded sound - especially on the bass strings.

The construction is pretty good. The frets were a little rough perhaps. I have looked after mine fairly carefully and it looks the same as the day I bought it.

For a starter guitar it is good value and plays quite nicely. After a couple of years though I would suspect that most people would want to buy a more expensive guitar.