Remo Emperor-X 14"
MGR/mtebaldi MGR/mtebaldi

« Remo Emperor X »

Publié le 06/16/10 à 15:00
I discovered the Remo Emperor X back in 2003. They were gifted to me after winning a prize with my band. I was super impressed of how huge this head could make my snare sound.

You can find this skin in market for a price around $20. Definitely money well spent, since this last for a very long time.

<a href="http://www.glintonline.com">http://www.glintonline.com</a>

Punch, I guess that’s what best describes this head, and also the reason why I love it. This might not be the right kind of skin if you are not a hard rock heavy hitter type of drummer, but I still like how even when you play articulated drum patterns, this skin is just full of definition and power. They make any snare sound huge and because of its thick construction you can get a wet yet musical snare sound even when tuned low. The Emperor X matches really well with Remo Pinstripes on toms and Powerstroke on the kick.

If you like more resonant and ringing snares, this skin is not your cup of tea.

This is the thickest drum head made by Remo, two 10-mil free-floating plies of Mylar film, with a 5-mil reverse black dot, giving consistent focus warm tones.

For the heavy-hitter drummer, a lot of punch, power and definition.