Yocto, a Roland TR-808 DIY clone
E-Licktronic debuts Yocto, an improved DIY clone of the Roland TR-808 drum machine and sequencer.
Yocto retains the concept from the TR-808, especially in the analogue part, to which E-Licktronic added some features, including instrument mute and a Roll mode. The sequencer has been entirely rebuilt for expanded possibilities.
The kit features two circuits: a main one with the drum sounds and sequencer and an I/O board with 11 separate outputs, two Trigger outputs, MIDI In, Out and Thru and a DIN Sync24 input/output to sync Yocto to other compatible devices. E-Licktronic also includes all the components, some of which are original (AN6912, HD14584). But you’ll have to purchase the power supply transformer (15V AC, 1000mA) and the enclosure. Website references are provided on the website.
- 11 analog drum sounds cloned on the TR-808
- Accent is common to all drums
- 16 banks of 16 patterns
- 32 step sequencer
- 16 Songs with 256 patterns
- 11 separated outputs (one per drum)
- Main output
- 2 Trigger outputs (a third one is present on the circuit)
- MIDI In, Out and Thru
- DIN Sync24 in/out
The Yocto DIY kit is available for 379€ incl. VAT. You’ll find all the information at www.e-licktronic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Native Instruments Resonant Blaze for Maschine Maschine and iMaschine users can discover the new Native Instruments Resonant Blaze break library.
- Freqshift, new hardware module by Audio Damage Audio Damage completes its hardware modular series with the ADM04 Freqshift, a digital recreation of vintage frequency shifters.
- Mutable Instruments CVpal DIY kit launched CVpal is a small and affordable DIY kit designed for modular fans who need a USB MIDI to CV/Gate interface.