Mapex Limited Edition Meridian Black Obsidian
The Mapex Drum Company announced the 2nd Meridian Black Limited Edition drum kit called “Obsidian”.
This drum kit will be available through authorized Mapex dealers worldwide.
The Meridian Black Obsidian kit is the second in a series of “Player Designed” kits with features designed to "fill the needs of the modern rock drummer." The Obsidian kit will be a limited edition, specific in its configuration. Once they are sold out, they will not be reproduced.
The Birch/Maple hybrid shells are designed to crank out low and dark tones with a balanced attack. The inside of the shells feature a new Black finish designed to enhance resonance and projection. The 24"x14" Bass drum is designed to deliver "immediate massive low end that compliments the full attack of the toms." The kit features one 12"x08" rack tom, and a 16"x16" floor tom, so the player can bring in their ride cymbal close. A 14"x 07" snare is also available as an add-on.
The shells come wrapped in a deep volcanic glass sparkle, are fitted with chrome hardware, and are topped with Remo coated single ply UX drumheads.
- Bass Drum - 4.8mm Birch Exterior/2.4mm Maple Interior
- Toms & Snare - 4.1mm Birch Exterior/1.7mm Maple Interior
For more information on the Meridian Black – Obsidian: usa.mapexdrums.com/drums/meridian-black/obsidian
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sabian's Rebranded AAX-V Crash Line Sabian has recently rebranded its Vault Series as AAX, HHX, AA or HH, a move described as designed to simplify the company's cymbal line.
- Sonor Bop & Safari - Red Sparkle Finish Sonor’s Safari and Bop kits are now available in a new, striking Red Galaxy Sparkle finish.
- Mapex MPX Hammered Steel Snare The Mapex Drum Company announced the availability of a new series of MPX Hammered Steel shell snare drums.