Pearl Export EX Standard 22"
Pearl Export EX Standard 22"

Drum Set from Pearl belonging to the Export series.

Tina Arkos Tina Arkos
Published on 07/17/08 at 04:34
If, like me, you are looking for first prize and a drumkit you have left in the short list, the Sonor Force 507, the Q5044 Mapex, Yamaha and Pearl Export Gigmaker 825, then look no further. After listing all the items and read everything that existed on these batteries, I opted for the Pearl. I just receive it and frankly for € 530 including postage in Musicstore is really a killer. What really decided me was the quality of the hardware that went far beyond the competition and there There's really nothing to say! All feet are huge! Foot HH and BD-chain (the foot of impressive HH) with adjustable tension springs, memory settings (locking collars) and beat two surfaces (plastic and felt). For drums, it's 6-ply poplar, it is well done and the sound is there, once the voltage settings made skins (see this great site for the settings done by Michel Bontemps hello I t'au pass my little jean-mimi (remember "Sharon Evans") http://pagesperso-orange.fr/michel.bontemps/ ). Provide a helping cutter in the snare drum with no hole and delivered a feather pillow for a sound slap. Also provide a Kleenex, not to cry in front of the thresher, stammering, "Oh! Qu'c'est too damn how the ball c'te checkout! "But for untimely killer harmonics generated by the drum head of the DS. Once all the adjustments made, it tears his race! The only point that sin (and again) is that the tom is mounted on three rods as usual but on the feet of a cymbal. But hey, when did you see the section of the tube There's really no worry. Besides all the toms are suspended and are not drilled, which is rather better and not found on any competitor. Last thing, it is the export model (2006/2007), which is no longer but can still be found in Musicstore and not the new model Forum took over but when the hardware has increased to the range lower.
I recall that I bought without listening, with the advice of friends and other vendors and I do not really regret my purchase, but for those who have time and especially the mags that have the stuff (not the case in the Aude) they try it is always better! But there's a good chance they will come to the Pearl! In addition to Chad Smith, who is one of my favorite drummers, played on what, huh?
After several weeks of use, it is true that the snare is a must in this area, although with the right setting you come to the ring (skin patch skin 70 hits with 82 Tama TW100). Anyway good CC costs between 250 and 500 euros then! In addition I have not changed the original skin, I inform you as soon as I put "Remo" because I think the difference will be huge. For the rest still happy!
Well, I changed to a Remo CS Anbassador and frankly the difference is not obvious and I always many harmonics, while the skin is so-called "Controlled sound"
Like what, you're beautiful just change what you want on the bottom of a CC line, you'll never have a killing! But hey! The full set is worth the price of a great snare drum! So?