< All Beyerdynamic M 88 TG reviews

Dynamic Microphone from Beyerdynamic belonging to the M series

JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Can it be used with different instruments?... »

Published on 09/25/12 at 20:51
The M 88 TG is a microphone that can be used for your vocals and a few different brass instruments, but I wouldn’t take it any farther than that. It has a wide frequency response that will make your vocals sound amazing. They do say that it can be used for woodwind instruments, but I didn’t like the way it sounded when I heard it with a few different woodwind instruments including the sax (alto). The M 88 TG is very thin and skinny and it comes with a carry pouch that makes it easy to take anywhere with you. It can be used for either live or recording, they both produce a good sound.

Overall, depending on which instrument you use this microphone with is what will make or break whether or not you should buy it. It does sound great with vocals though I can admit that, but if you are looking for just a vocal microphone then you wouldn’t want to go with this one because it cost over 300 dollars and that is a little too much for a home studio vocal microphone when there are other ones that cost way less and sound the same. If you are looking for a multi purpose microphone I say stick with some of the mid range Shure lines. The Beyerdynamic M 88 TG does sound great, but only with certain instruments. The microphone just was not for me so I never purchased it, but I didn’t have a chance to work with it in a studio downtown. I was not a fan of it, if you are interested in getting the M 88 TG I would say try to test it out on what you will be needing it for before you purchase it, it will save you a headache in the long run. I have used a lot of different microphones from Beyerdynamic but this one was so difficult for me to understand when it sounds so good with certain instruments and with others sounded less then ok.