Edit: TC Electronic DB4 MKII & DB8 MKII
DB4 MKII and DB8 MKII are available now and will be on display at the NAB Show 2011 in Las Vegas (April 11 – 14) at booth SU10217.
DB4 MKII and DB8 MKII are said to conform to new EBU, ATSC and ITU Loudness and True-peak level standards across all platforms and all formats.
DB-4 MKII & DB-8 MKII main features:
• Compatibility – conform to new EBU, ATSC and ITU Loudness and True-peak level standards across all platforms and all formats.
• LM6 metering – EBU R128 and ATSC A/85 compliant and new SNMP functions.
• One week of detailed logging, even without connection to a computer.
• Two power supplies, two fuses, two main inlets and two Swiss-made Papst fans.
• Runs original DB4 and DB8 presets.
• Work whether metadata has been correctly set upstream or not.
• 48 kHz sampling, 48 bit processing.
DB-4 MKII: US$10,995 MSRP / €9,000 List (excl VAT)
DB-8 MKII: US$17,495 MSRP / €14,000 List (excl VAT)
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.