TrainYourEars EQ Edition
Train Your Ears has announced the release of TrainYourEars EQ Edition, the first of a series of software programs dedicated to training the ears of sound engineers.
The training system works by generating a random processed version from an original signal. After listening to both the original and the processed audio the user must guess which parameters were used to create the processed one.
"Through repetitions the user will learn the real effect of each parameter (or combination of parameters), associating it with sounds and feelings more than with theory explanations," the company says.
TrainYourEars EQ Edition is the equalization trainer. In the future, Train Your Ears say they will develop other similar programs, to train the ear to “hear” more types of processors like compressors, reverbs and delays, distortion or synthesizers.
- An audio player to reproduce Wav, Aiff and Mp3 files.
- Pink and white noise generators.
- Hardware (iPod, radio, instruments…) or software (iTunes, streaming…) routing capabilities.
- Range selection to train different frequencies, gains, Q factors, filter types or a combination of them.
- Up to 10 bands, each one with its own parameters.
- Several options to hear between the original and processed signals, like silence or decorrelation sounds.
- A “Random Player” function which jumps to a new song/audio each time the user starts a new riddle.
- Possibility of saving and loading exercises.
- It works in Windows as well as in Mac with any kind of driver and routing and doesn’t need any additional software.
Minimum requirements: OSX 10.5/10.6 or Windows XP/Vista/7.
Pricing & Availability
TrainYourEars EQ Edition is available now at the introductory price of 19.90€.
For more details, visit the Train Your Ears website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- XLN Audio Metal ADpak + Diabolic MIDIpak XLN Audio has announced the release of Metal ADpak and Diabolic MIDIpak for Addictive Drums.
- SonicProjects VM Bundle 2.0 SonicProjects has updated the VM Bundle for the SM Pro Audio V-Machine hardware VST player to 2.0 to fit the new 2.0 VFX software and V-Machine firmware.
- XME Inc. Studio - HD XME Inc. introduces Studio - HD, an 8-track vocal recorder for the iPad.