fairbec 08/11/2004

Korg A5 : fairbec's user review

• Partager
- Multi effects pedalboard including compression/exciter, 3-band EQ, flanger/chorus, reverb/delay, noise reduction.

- Effects can be shaped at will, with different, but classic, settings for each effect: volume, depth, rate, attack, delay, duration, etc.

- Sounds can be edited, they are very easy to create and recall once saved. no possibility to export to pc/mac.

- Connections: Input, output (stereo or mono), volume, headphone and, obviously, mains.

USE

You'll get rapidly used to it.

You play, listen to the effects used, modify the speed of the chorus, add a bit of compression, boost the highs a bit, and record. Simple as that.
You can save 30 recordings.

I don't have the user's manual because I bought it secondhand.

- Very effective effects, I always find something that matches what I have in my head.

- I use it with guitars (fender tele us, semi-hollow ibanez, acoustic-electric), but also with a bass (fender precision) and vocals.

- If you tweak the settings to extremes you can get weird effects that resemble drops of water, a helicopter, etc.

I've been using it for at least 4 or 5 years.
Someone offered it to me secondhand, I had never heard it before, but it's perfect for me.

It's undoubtedly a bit outdated, but I think it's a good value for money.