< Tous les avis Agile Intrepid Standard 828
Negens Negens

« Excllente 8 strings, except that lack of dynamic microphones. »

Published on 04/24/13 at 12:02
Agile are made in Korea.

So I acquired a 828 Intrepid Standard Darkburst finish with Ash body and Fingerboard Ebony.
Standard Intrepid are bolt-on neck.
The pitch is 28.625 "and has 24 jumbo frets.

For microphones, it is mounted with Alpha Cepheus 8 strings liabilities.
The bridge is fixed, brand Cepheus and strings are through.
The tuners are Grover.

It was a choice to have the bolt-on neck and body ash.
Between the price of the guitar, the price of the case, the shipping costs and customs, expect € 1000

This is my first 8 string.
Having long played the 6 strings, dabbled with pleasure of 7, I&#39;m tempted to 8 strings.
I could not compare to other 8 strings market.
The handle seems very comfortable, and I did not feel like a ship under the fingers.
The pitch is a little surprising my bearings guitarist, and although I&#39;m bassist and long forks do not bother me. Mode "scratch" my brain was disturbed. But I got used to it.
The key is beautiful and the frets are beautifully carved.
Acrobats of the 8 strings so Tosin Abasi, you will be conquered lands. ;)

The body stratabound chamfers or Jazz Bass (The offset of the body are really thinking). Besides being beautiful, there is nothing to complain about. It is comfortable on.
No imbalances noted.

The 3-position selector is the best I have had since the Gibson Firebird. The change of position is straightforward while being properly restrained in each position. I really appreciate this detail.

Access to the treble is really good. Fast track to the 24th fret without bumps.

In terms of weight, a little heavier than a Les Paul and a lighter Jazz Bass.
The girls ... forgiveness, guitarists will find it heavy, but for us bassists, it&#39;s a featherweight.

Frankly, nothing wrong! It exudes strength and a job well done.
When empty, the resonance is very clear and detached.
Plug it!

I am a musical UFO and I love all styles of Camille Saint-Saens to Meshuggah.
You can easily guess that it is rather the second which will serve as a reference here. I find it hard to maneuver my bow on the machine in question here.

For testing, I used my Engl E530 preamp which I paired the Torpedo WOS.
Several adjustments have been made (Engl, Diezel and Marshall speakers).

As I was first in his clear, I let myself go overboard, and then Wow! This is defined, clean, crystalline. And in all positions (I&#39;m not talking about Kamasutra bunch of perverts!).
Playing with the tone and position, you can go from very dark to very bright and funky sound sound. Sex Machine sounds great. If so!
There is a nice little twang with sustain crazy! I was too lazy to stand my Cry Baby, but one of those four, I will push the vice, I think.

Crunch, it&#39;s the ball too, with a huge versatility! From blues to Stoner / Doom, anything goes!

Saturated, the sound is really "modern". Let me explain:
The pitch of 28 "gives a precision sound that gives it a sound immediately" Djent "in the bass. This is not the way his thick Gibson. No. We surgical Twang the Djent / Metalcore.
Personally, I love, but better to know what to expect.
Ash brings some very nice high harmonics that allow for an airy sound mix. (It is not by chance that I chose this wood)

However, a small problem, it is the microphone, which, to my taste, a little limited dynamic range. I planned to spend all active, with a set Seymour Duncan Blackouts. I éditerais my opinion at that time.

In acute, it really is not bad. I was afraid that everything is a little cramped because of the pitch, but not all. Solos going well, with good sustain.
It still faces a fairly surgical precision, but I would not call it cold. We are still far from the heat solo that I can get my Jackson Soloist. (Again, the tune plays for many).

The bends are harder to do than on a 25 pitch. "It takes a lot more on the fingers.

Overall, apart from the microphones are correct without more, it&#39;s very good!

I have not tried other 8 strings before, as this Agile combined all the features I was looking for (Wood pitch, look, price).
And I know the quality of Agile. So I knew I was getting into.

I was not attracted by Schecter and ESP in 8 strings, which seem to be great, if they are of the ilk of their 7-string versions.
And do not talk to me about Ibanez (I think they are not terrible, either in guitars, as low. Just my opinion).

Frankly, for the Intrepid: Feels good! Looks good! Sounds good!
A modern sound (Djent / Metalcore / Mathcore / Progressive)!

Only small weakness: the lack of dynamic microphones.

Very good price / quality ratio
A choice weighed fact and again!