< Tous les avis Stagg EVN 4/4
Stagg EVN 4/4
Stagg EVN 4/4
TSD TSD
Published on 10/18/06 at 14:52
- How long have you use it?

I used it for a year, I bought it new on eBay (like many I think) because its low price and its look rather pleasant. I wanted to start the electric violin and stagg is a brand known input (lower) range, it met the needs of a beginner.

- What is the particular feature you like best and least?

Schematize ...
The Good:
_ Design
_ The small price
_ (The cover) o_O
_ The 2-band equalizer integrated violin + volume control
_ An output jack and a mini-jack

The Bad:
_ The bridge like a lot, he often falls in the total tuning, or is flawed ... (this implies sagging ropes and tends to affect several strings simultaneously with the archer)
_ Ankles are plastic, they often turn by themselves, which tune it. We can fix that with a bit of chalk (house method)
_ The strings are very high and acute in becoming unplayable
_ The fine tuning screws are very small but quality remains, they in place (I would say more, they are sometimes blocked ... O_o)
_ The wood used for the body and the highly dubious origin is key (IKEA or something similar, luxury plywood bo ...)
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?

Ben nan. It was just to try the electric violin at the base.

- How would you rate the quality / price?

Given its low price for an electric violin, we could not expect the super quality. It still manages to release a clean sound in a good amp, but it lacks a bit of warmth and life, that is, to say otherwise flat.
It was enough to start and learn the basics of violin (with its strong and full of reverb ^^)

- With experience, you do again this choice ...?

Honestly, no. Working now on a Zeta Strados and the difference is huge. All negative points are corrected Stagg, I have more than the positive.

I suggest you take a look on eBay, it sometimes happens to fall on a good view very good deal. I saw a Fender FV-1 € 150 and I had my Zeta was worth $ 2,200 to 450 € with shipping costs. If you have had the chance to test an electric violin and it's your future passion ... aim higher than the stagg.