Dark Link is a Midi/USB-to-CV/Gate interface to control vintage monophonic synthesizers via Midi or USB.
Dark Link has available 4 analog control voltage outputs (CV1...4) and one Gate output.
In/Outputs and controls:
- Midi Input
- Learn button
- Gate Out (with LED for Gate display and learn function), 0/+5V
- CV1: controlled by Midi note messages, 1V/Octave, 0...+5V
- CV2: controlled by Midi pitch bend, ~ -2.5...+2.5V or ~ 0...+5V (can be selected by an internal jumper)
- CV3: controlled by Midi velocity, 0...+5V
- CV4: controlled by Midi control change messages, free assignale controller in learn mode
- Glide control (portamento function for CV1)
- Power supply (12V AC/min. 400mA)
- CV1...CV4 and Gate are 3.5 mm miniature jack sockets
- Midi channel, reference note and Midi control change number for CV4 are adjusted by means of a learn button and LED
- Dark Link is the interface of Dark Energy
- Metal case, made of 1 mm steel, black coated with white printing
- Dimensions: about 145 length x 35 height x 60 depth (all measures are in mm)
- These parts are included (worldwide): one USB cable (type A-B), user's guide
- These parts are included (only within Europe): power supply (12 AC/min. 400mA) for 230V mains voltage with European mains plug, ask the Doepfer representative in your country if a power supply is included if you from other countries
- Order suitable patch cables in addition if required (Midi, A-100 patch cable in the required length, adapter cable 3.5 mm - 6.3 mm /1/4" jack plug)
- Powering the device via USB is not possible, because the analog circuits require a dual voltage (+/-12V).
- If you want to connect the Dark Link gate output to devices that use S-Trig a special S-Trig cable is available.
A modular version of the Dark Link is also available: A-190-3
Tentative release date: Spring 2011
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.