Belcat FUZ-510 Fuzz
Belcat FUZ-510 Fuzz
Joe-Rhys Joe-Rhys

«  Good pedal very surprising! »

Publié le 01/10/11 à 01:34
it is an overdrive / fuzz in belcat manufactured in China.
the circuit is analog.
connectivity is simple, a guitar input right (in), the amplifier output to the left (out) and an input AC power (DC in).
What could be simpler?!

Easier, you die!
a button to remove treble tone, fuzz button to saturation at the fuzz, the level knob for the volume level.
no manual on the horizon, this is not a gas plant instead!
for setting function of the effect, you press the switch and go!

I personally think this belcat doing well, and I had some effects pedals!
While it lacks the power of a big muff or a Guyatone Metal Master (which I deeply regret selling it!), but it is doing more than well, with it, we have a saturation in its warm, no sound that assault you apart if you push them all the way ... and again ...
I use it with my guitars simply, although I used with my bass too; performance is not the same, requiring different frequencies!

I've had it about a year and, despite the number of pedals that I bought, it has always been there to give me that warmth in the sound even when I'm micro acute and besides, it can range from simple overdrive through a saturation well push up the fuzz itself: it is if it is capable of many things compared to some pedals that are worth 3 times more expensive and have a sound or two that are worth visiting.
I had a lot of pedals, big muff (great presence and huge!) Guyatone Metal Master (super! I bitterly regret that) boss metal zone (the sound box of boss), visual sound jekyll & hide (concept very good; an overdrive and saturation that can be mixed), biyang X-drive (not bad, sounds interesting), MXR Blue Box (indeed strange and interesting) MXR Distortion III (not a real scam and terrible considering the price ).
what I like, I said above.
I do not like this and it lacks power.
I find the value for money very good.
with experience, I will turn to other pedals because I have not finished testing all major pedal on the planet (ibanez tube screamer, tube king, mesa-boogie V-twin and bottle rocket and others ...).

Images linked to this review

• photo