Ardour Updated to v2.7.1
Not only has there finally been a working new release of JACK, but Ardour has also seen several major bug fixes, a useful collection of new features, and many smaller fixes that correct annoying behavior.
Mac OS X Intel users will find an Intel build; a PPC one will be ready as soon as possible. If you tried Ardour 2.7 on OS X and it would not start up for you, please give 2.7.1 a test.
New features and changes:
- Option to preserve formants when stretching/shifting.
- New option to control whether newly added plugins are active or not, enabled by default.
- Copy sends as well as plugins when doing copy/paste operations in the mixer strip.
- Copy send I/O configurations when copying sends.
- Remove height buttons from automation tracks.
- New option to do cubase-style solo-overrides mute (off by default).
- Ardour-build plugin GUIs are now "taller" rather than "wider".
- Insert-time operation can now move markers too.
- Double-click on plugin/send/insert boxes now brings up plugin manager.
- Handle an instant.xml file (GUI state) that has been modified by ardour 3.0 (without crashing).
- Shorten coreaudio's format text strings.
- Creating ranges from region selections now offers two different options: create 1 range spanning all selected regions, or create 1 range per selected region.
- Fix OS X display of startup message about missing JACK.
- Actually delete commands from undo history when limiting depth of the history list. this fixes a massive memory leak in ardour when working with lots of regions and/or lots of edits.
- MAJOR fix for any situation where an audio track is playing more channels than it has output ports. triggered by a report about playing an 8-chn AIFF file via the auditioner.
- Set up folder/directory name correctly for range export.
- Drastically improve handling of Drag-n-Drop internally, avoiding memory leaks and potential memory corruption.
- When using a top menubar (as on OS X), don't quit when the editor window is closed.
- Prevent lockup/hangs when caused by editing a track name and then resizing so that the track name entry field is hidden.
- Select objects when clicking on them in region gain mouse mode, so that subsequent operations do not operate on unexpected objects.
- Don't duplicate LADSPA plugins in plugin manager list.
- Items in region context menus that need a position (e.g. split) are desensitized if the edit point is "mouse", to avoid odd behaviour.
- Fix a bug that made certain prompt windows potentially able to cause crashes.
- Make panner changes propagate into the panner GUIs even when the number of streams being handled is reduced.
- Do not crash in an xrun handler when there is no session.
- Lots of Session members now initialized in constructor, rather than being left to chance.
- Correct control surface track indexing (fixes a crash when using Tranzport and others to go to "next" or "prev" track).
- MTC message delivered internally when handling an MMC locate now contains correct FPS value, avoiding stupid error message from showing up.
- Compile correctly even with NLS=0.
- Track names are now visible even with the "light" theme.
Viewers of this article also read...
- MASI Surcode for Dolby Pro Logic II RTAS Minnetonka Audio Software announces the release of SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II RTAS v1.5.
- SFX Machine Pro RTAS The Sound Guy has announced that SFX Machine, the multi-effects and sound design tool, is now available in the RTAS plug-in format for Digidesign's Pro Tools systems for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Mellowmuse Mellowhead MellowMuse has announced that Mellowhead, its guitar and fx modeling plug-in, is now available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows.