MultitrackStudio 5 Updated
Bremmers Audio Design has updated MultitrackStudio to version 5.2.
The highlights are improved notation editing and a new practice mode which lets you use software instruments or effects like guitar amp simulators without actually recording them, according to Bremmers.
- Major improvements in notation editor (better horizontal note spacing, multiple buttons to add now notes, key signature changes, more tuplets, etc.).
- MIDI event editors now have 3 modes: Select Part, Select Notes and Add Notes.
- MIDI controller and automation editors now have 3 modes: Select, Add and Draw.
- Multi MIDI Editor now features notation and drum editors.
- Practice mode to use software instrument, guitar amps etc. without recording them.
- Pianoroll/notation editors: lasso shows name of lassoed chord, if any.
- Dragging audio/MIDI between tracks now snaps to the original position if you're close.
- "Export MIDI Tracks" can optionally include lyrics and/or markers in the MIDI file.
- Number of first bar can be -9..1, allowing for various numbers of count-in bars.
- Audio and Pianoroll editors can zoom vertically.
- Editors: mouse pointer behaves more in line with Windows standards (when dragging, etc.).
- Editors can do standard Windows style "click at start, Ctrl-click at end" selecting.
- Effects can be bypassed quickly by clicking the slot while keeping the B key down.
- Tuner effect redesigned for better visibility from a distance. New per-note offsets let you create custom tunings.
- Tested on Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bits).
- Add Click Track: "Accent on Beat One" is now "Bar Accents", and does a bit more to make the click track sound more pleasing.
- Time signatures can be typed instead of using the up/down buttons.
- "Extract temp from track": beats can represent 3/8, 7/8 etc. (not just 1/8, 1/4 etc.).
- Drum editor: notes appear like diamond shapes.
- Drum editor: "select similar notes" can now work on selected notes only.
- Multi MIDI Editor (pianoroll): notes of active track appear in front, this makes editing overlapping notes easier.
- Multi MIDI Editor: up/down arrows scroll the editor vertically.
- "Delay before recording" window remembers time value.
- "BPM Tapper" now works with mouse.
- Clicking an empty effect slot pops up selector (even if you didn't click the down arrow).
- Various other minor improvements.
- MIDI editor scrubber works better when zoomed out by a large amount (Pro Plus edition only).
- 'Revert to Version' is more robust.
- A couple of other fixes.
Pricing & Availability
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after May 1, 2008. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).