MultitrackStudio Professional v6.3
Bremmers Audio Design has updated MultitrackStudio to version 6.3.
The new release includes a General MIDI compatible instruments collection called MultitrackStudio Instruments. The MultitrackStudio Instruments are fully modeled, they don't contain any samples. This allows for randomizing many parameters which helps reducing machine gun effects. The 6.3 version download is under 4 MB. Audio demos are available at www.multitrackstudio.com. The electric guitar sounds use the Guitar Amp effect which appears in the Pro Plus edition only.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: built-in General MIDI sounds.
- MIDI pitch bend range can be adjusted.
- Undoing "tweakable edits" now undoes the last tweak only, rather than all tweaks.
- Some effects use significantly less CPU power if there's no audio signal present.
- Could not create medium-quality mp3 files using Lame_enc.dll.
- Score editor: 8va setting wasn't read from song file.
- MP3 files starting with corrupted frames now open.
- A couple of other bugs.
Pricing & Availability
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after October 1, 2009. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.