Cakewalk Sonar X2
Cakewalk has announced that SONAR X2 is now shipping and available from Roland distribution partners and from www.cakewalk.com.
Sonar X2 Producer Key Features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
- Enhanced Skylight interface.
- Seamless usability and workflow.
- R-MIX SONAR.
- Modular ProChannel.
- BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel.
- ProChannel Console Emulator.
- QuadCurve EQ & Softube Saturation Knob.
- FX Chains plus ProChannel FX Chains.
- 20 virtual instruments.
- 59 audio and MIDI FX.
- Enhanced Matrix performance view.
- Integrated per track arpeggiator.
- TH2 Producer Amp Sim.
- Linear Phase EQ and Multi-Band compressor.
- Automation and Take Lanes.
- Sound Cloud, MusicXML, and export options.
- 64-bit/384KHz audio engine.
- 32- and 64-bit versions.
- Windows 7 and 8 support via a free update.
- Thousands of enhancements and optimizations.
Perform: Play sounds, trigger loops & phrases
- SONAR X2 Producer contains a total of 20 distinct virtual instruments including Dimension Pro, Rapture, Z3TA+, Session Drummer 3, and more.
- Overloud brings their amp modeling technology to SONAR with Overloud TH2 SONAR and Overloud TH2 Producer (only in SONAR X2 Producer).
- The Matrix View lets you organize loops, phrases, and one shots into cells and columns for realtime triggering.
Record: Capture performances with unlimited tracks.
- SONAR X2 Producer includes unlimited audio and MIDI tracks with up to 384kHz audio fidelity powered by the SONAR 64-bit double precision mix engine.
- Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC), 64-bit OS support, WDM & VST driver modes coupled with the low latency audio engine is designed to allow for better than hardware performance of soft synths and input monitoring on effects.
Edit: Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch/time and other aspects of recordings.
- Smart Tool changes function automatically based on context and works in every one of SONAR's edit views.
- Smart Grid sets the snap resolution and the visual grid line display dynamically, based on zoom level, to a useful setting for the task at hand.
- SONAR X2's Piano Roll View.
Mix: Sculpt tones and create dynamic mixes.
- Availablein SONAR X2 Producer, create custom ProChannel strips that include modular components, in place scrolling, and drag and drop signal routing.
- ProChannel includes 6 modules for every day mixing tasks including an updated EQ, compressors, tube saturations, and more.
- SONAR X2 Producer's Console Emulator injects the sound of three consoles into SONAR's ProChannel. Different consoles have different characteristics and there are three modes available, S-Type, N-Type and A-Type. Add the Console Emulator to any channel or bus and dial in the sound of these analog hardware consoles.
- R-MIX SONAR is now available in SONAR X2 Producer. Fully automatable and available on any track or bus, R-MIX employs Roland's V-Remastering technology letting you remove noise, isolate particular elements, or create filtering effects that demand attention.
- BREVERB SONAR is a reverberation plug-in modeled on hardware classics, and is the solution to any recording, mixing and live situation. BREVERB SONAR can be patched as a VST plugin or patched directly into the ProChannel.
- Addition of individual automation lanes for each track plus automation modes like latch, touch, overwrite, and punch.
Master: Add final touches to a finished mix.
- LP-64 EQ linear-phase Equalizer.
- Updated LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor/limiter that provides control over isolated bands for volume maximization or attenuation/limiting with linear phase technology.
Deliver: Share final masters in a variety of formats.
- Integrated SoundCloud support allows for uploading songs directly to SoundCloud and automatic notification of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to export in MusicXML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
Versions and Availability
Sonar X2 is available in three versions, Producer ($599), Studio ($249) and Essential ($149) and is available through music and sound retailers around the globe.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Ueberschall Chart Hits Chart Hits features Pop-oriented construction integrating Trance synthlines, R’n’B hooks as well as House-beats and acoustic guitar licks.
- Camel Audio Alchemy v1.5 Camel Audio has released Alchemy v1.5, a major update to their sample manipulation synthesizer.
- Native Instruments Maschine 1.8 Native Instruments has announced that the free Maschine 1.8 update is now available (actually 1.8.1).