Cakewalk Sonar X2
Cakewalk has announced that SONAR X2 is now shipping and available from Roland distribution partners and from www.cakewalk.com.
Sonar X2 Producer Key Features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
- Enhanced Skylight interface.
- Seamless usability and workflow.
- R-MIX SONAR.
- Modular ProChannel.
- BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel.
- ProChannel Console Emulator.
- QuadCurve EQ & Softube Saturation Knob.
- FX Chains plus ProChannel FX Chains.
- 20 virtual instruments.
- 59 audio and MIDI FX.
- Enhanced Matrix performance view.
- Integrated per track arpeggiator.
- TH2 Producer Amp Sim.
- Linear Phase EQ and Multi-Band compressor.
- Automation and Take Lanes.
- Sound Cloud, MusicXML, and export options.
- 64-bit/384KHz audio engine.
- 32- and 64-bit versions.
- Windows 7 and 8 support via a free update.
- Thousands of enhancements and optimizations.
Perform: Play sounds, trigger loops & phrases
- SONAR X2 Producer contains a total of 20 distinct virtual instruments including Dimension Pro, Rapture, Z3TA+, Session Drummer 3, and more.
- Overloud brings their amp modeling technology to SONAR with Overloud TH2 SONAR and Overloud TH2 Producer (only in SONAR X2 Producer).
- The Matrix View lets you organize loops, phrases, and one shots into cells and columns for realtime triggering.
Record: Capture performances with unlimited tracks.
- SONAR X2 Producer includes unlimited audio and MIDI tracks with up to 384kHz audio fidelity powered by the SONAR 64-bit double precision mix engine.
- Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC), 64-bit OS support, WDM & VST driver modes coupled with the low latency audio engine is designed to allow for better than hardware performance of soft synths and input monitoring on effects.
Edit: Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch/time and other aspects of recordings.
- Smart Tool changes function automatically based on context and works in every one of SONAR's edit views.
- Smart Grid sets the snap resolution and the visual grid line display dynamically, based on zoom level, to a useful setting for the task at hand.
- SONAR X2's Piano Roll View.
Mix: Sculpt tones and create dynamic mixes.
- Availablein SONAR X2 Producer, create custom ProChannel strips that include modular components, in place scrolling, and drag and drop signal routing.
- ProChannel includes 6 modules for every day mixing tasks including an updated EQ, compressors, tube saturations, and more.
- SONAR X2 Producer's Console Emulator injects the sound of three consoles into SONAR's ProChannel. Different consoles have different characteristics and there are three modes available, S-Type, N-Type and A-Type. Add the Console Emulator to any channel or bus and dial in the sound of these analog hardware consoles.
- R-MIX SONAR is now available in SONAR X2 Producer. Fully automatable and available on any track or bus, R-MIX employs Roland's V-Remastering technology letting you remove noise, isolate particular elements, or create filtering effects that demand attention.
- BREVERB SONAR is a reverberation plug-in modeled on hardware classics, and is the solution to any recording, mixing and live situation. BREVERB SONAR can be patched as a VST plugin or patched directly into the ProChannel.
- Addition of individual automation lanes for each track plus automation modes like latch, touch, overwrite, and punch.
Master: Add final touches to a finished mix.
- LP-64 EQ linear-phase Equalizer.
- Updated LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor/limiter that provides control over isolated bands for volume maximization or attenuation/limiting with linear phase technology.
Deliver: Share final masters in a variety of formats.
- Integrated SoundCloud support allows for uploading songs directly to SoundCloud and automatic notification of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to export in MusicXML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
Versions and Availability
Sonar X2 is available in three versions, Producer ($599), Studio ($249) and Essential ($149) and is available through music and sound retailers around the globe.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.