MOTU Shipping Digital Performer 8
MOTU is now shipping Digital Performer version 8, an upgrade to their audio workstation software.
New features include 64-bit operation, a new video playback engine, Punch Guard recording, 17 new included plug-ins, 15 new user interface themes, and new plug-in management features.
17 new plug-ins
Version 8 ships with 17 new plug-ins, including two new classic guitar amp models, a bass cabinet model, several classic guitar pedals, modeled analog delay, a multi-band dynamic equalizer, a precision delay, a de-esser, the Subkick kick drum enhancer, and Springamabob, a modeled vintage spring reverb processor.
New video engine
DP8's new video engine allows full-screen viewing of 720 or 1080 HD video clips on a primary or secondary computer monitor, or on a conventional HDMI or SDI video monitor connected to a MOTU video interface such as the HD Express or HDX-SDI. The movie window can be popped in and out of the consolidated window, and the movie audio track can be routed to aux faders for mixing and processing, without the need to extract the audio.
15 new themes
Digital Performer's Themes allow users to change the look of the software with one click. DP8 adds 15 new themes, including "Hi-Fi", "Arctic", and "None More Black".
Version 8 Features
- Cross platform — Supports Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
- Native 64-bit operation — Takes full advantage of 64-bit operating systems.
- VST / Rewire support — On both Mac and Windows for project exchange.
- New video engine — Supports full-screen video, 720/1080 HD, and MOTU video hardware monitoring.
- Punch Guard confience recording — Captures extra time before and after punch points.
- 17 new plug-ins — From modeled guitar tones to mastering plug-ins.
- 15 new themes — UI designs including Hi-Fi, Arctic, and None More Black.
- In-line control panel — Conserves precious screen real estate.
- Multi-format plug-in management — Organize, manage, and search for plug-ins in multiple formats.
Pricing & Availability:
Digital Performer 8 is now shipping for Mac OS X. The Windows version is in final testing and will be available soon to all registered DP8 users.
Pricing remains the same, as follows:
- Full version: $795
- Competitive upgrade: $395
- AudioDesk upgrade: $395
- Upgrade from previous version: $195
Registered users can upgrade directly from the MOTU web site here: www.motu.com/store_products/upgrades/dp
Viewers of this article also read...
- IK Multimedia DJ Rig for iPad IK Multimedia announced that DJ Rig for iPad is now available on the App Store.
- Brainworx bx_rockrack Pro Plugin Alliance announces the availability of bx_rockrack PRO, an update (V1.1) to the bx_rockrack guitar plug-in.
- VirSyn Harmony Voice Virsyn have released an app which will transform your voice into a choir with up to four voices.