Studio One 3 Prime is out
PreSonus had announced it when releasing v3 of its DAW, the free Prime edition of Studio One is now available for download.
Studio One 3 Prime is the free, time unlimited but feature limited, edition of the latest version of the PreSonus DAW, available for Mac OS X and Windows.
Following are the main features of Studio One 3 Prime:
- Unlimited projects, tracks, insert effects and virtual instruments
- Get the latest content browser and functionality of Studio One 3
- 9 PreSonus native audio effect plug-ins included
- Presence XT sampler included with its 1.5 GB library
- Real time time stretch, resampling and normalize features
- Multitrack comping, advanced freeze and controller mapping (Control Link) features
- Does not support VST/AU external plug-ins
Studio One Prime is available for free download from presonus.com.
Along with the release of Studio One 3 Prime, PreSonus has updated the DAW to version 3.0.2, which adds multiple improvements and fixes as well as the user manual translated into French, German and Japanese. Check you user area on the PreSonus website to get this update.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A review of Positive Grid Bias FX Professional modeling plug-in The competition in the amp and effects modeling market is fierce, and there is no shortage of excellent products. Positive Grid, which established itself on the iOS side with JamUp and JamUp Pro, and then moved into the desktop world with Bias Desktop, now has released Bias FX, an amp and effects modeling application that runs on both Mac/PC and iOS, and is mostly the same on both.
- Friday’s Freeware: Analog Tape Synths Last year, Samples From Mars offered a drum machine library. This summer, their gift is a collection of synths that were tape recorded.
- Strategies for archiving your session files and mixes for the long haul Back in the day, archiving sessions recorded to multitrack tape was not an easy task. You needed a place to store the bulky tape reels, and if you didn’t “bake” the tapes to get the moisture out of them, they would deteriorate over ten or so years.