RML Labs has released SAWStudio v4.5 and SAWStudioLite v4.5 updates which are now available for immediate free download to registered users of v4.0.
- The DirectX and VST plugin windows now allow you to load and save presets while playback is active.
- The [Backspace-Key] Record Retake functions can now be used during Rec/Rdy mode.
- Snapping marked Control Track Entries to the current MT cursor position has been enhanced to allow you to snap the end offset to the current MT position by using the [Shift-Backspace-Key] variation.
- Enhanced the Record Loopback Latency Adjustment to now accept a max value of 999,999 samples... This option counteracts record latency due to hardware in the loop by adjusting the record data within the region, effectively sliding the recorded data earlier in the timeline.
- Activated all of the [Shift], [Ctrl], or [Alt] key MT region manipulation functions on the first click, even when changing hottracks.
- SAC-Link playback is now available from the SoundFile View and will show up in SAC as the SS-Out Chan corresponding to the SoundFile View Out Device setting.
- The SAC-Link setting can now be saved with the preferences so it can automatically activate when starting SAWStudio if SAC is already running.
- The View Filter (V-Key) and View Filter popup Menu (Right-Click on Aut Switch) can now both be operated during playback, or any other live engine mode.
- The File View window re-path options now display all files in destination browse folders.
- Enhanced network data handling for more remote and slave efficiency across wireless networks... including Wireless-B, G and N.
- TCP/IP Slave Mode can now be initiated while the host is currently playing back and the slave will load the proper session, jump to a delayed sync trigger position, using the MTC Trigger Advance setting, and actively sync live into the current playback operation.
- The [Ctrl-S] Save Session keyboard shortcut can now be used to save a session during MultiTrack Play, PlayMark, and PlayLoop modes, as well as Live and Rec/Rdy modes.
- The SnapShot Session (* Key) function can now be used during Rec/Rdy mode to manually force the creation of an Undo File.
- Track selection in the MultiTrack using the drag method on the track numbers, now works during playback.
- Enhanced Auto-Rewind switch operation. If you engage the Auto-Rewind switch during playback while pressing the Shift-Key, the original rewind position is reset to the current playback cursor position.
- Added a Recent Show Control File List option to the Show Control View.
- Enhanced the marked area special automation feature which writes the new automation at the mark begin position and returns the automation to its origin value at the mark end position. This feature will now automatically set the slope to zero if either entry falls on an exact MTEntry boundary.
- Writing any automation entry that falls on an MTEntry end boundary will now automatically set the slope to zero.
Echo Plugin v2.6:
- Enhanced the Delay ms popup menu to display a reference distance in Feet or Meters (selected in the Pyramid Logo Options menu) based on the speed of sound through dry air at 68 degrees F (20 degrees C).
- A new Tap Mode feature is available by clicking on one or both of the Tap Lights (Pressing the Ctrl-Key while clicking on either will activate both channels). When this mode is activated, you can click the Left Mouse button in the Tap zone between the Tap lights twice in succession, or tap the Left, Right, Up or Down Arrow keys twice in succession or the SpaceBar twice in succession or any combination of those keys once each for quicker response times and the delay time will be calculated between taps. You can leave this mode active and tap a new delay at any time. If the time between taps is longer than the max delay time for your specific samplerate, then the taps will be ignored.
- Enhanced the DelayTime, FeedBack and Strength controls to stereo latch when using the Ctrl-Key and any of the control adjustment methods.
- The Pyramid Logo Options menu may now be used while the engine is active.
Video Track Viewer v3.2:
- Enhanced code to eliminate network traffic load when using remote mode containing video files and the video viewer is closed. If no external firewire or overlay render options are active and the viewer is closed, the remote machine will not attempt video file seeks across the network, thereby dropping the network load tremendously.
- There is also a new option in the Special Options menu called TCP/IP Remote/Slave Mode – Ignore Video. This option can be activated to completely ignore video file requests on a remote machine whenever the host machine opens sessions that contain video files. This is another way to save video network loading from a remote machine and this option can be saved with the Video Preferences.
- Code modified to improve SAWStudio SAC-Link playback and eliminate possible audio glitches when the system is under heavy load.
- Fixed code to trap F-Keys when program is minimized.
- Fixed code to allow windows to activate on first mouse click when switching between hide/show floating app windows.
- Fixed code to keep the Control Track listbox in the same scroll position and re-select the same entry when done editing that entry.
- Fixed code to trap for using the [Shift-Right-Drag] mouse command to slip region data on a blank track area.
- The File View window will now correctly open on top of the Video Viewer and other OnTop windows.
- Fixed code to trap for illegal softedge problems when adjusting regions that incorrectly extend past the soundfile length.
- Fixed code to properly display channel recalls when Automation Mode is active.
- Fixed code in the FX Eq and Echo plugins to trap mouse-click control adjustments from crashing looped playback under certain conditions.
- Fixed code to properly update the FX SampleRate shared variable every time the MT Rate is changed.
- Fixed code to correct for meter timing in SAWStudio when using the SAC-Link for playback.
- Fixed code to properly handle un-assigned wave devices used in the session when the SAC-Link is active for both playback and buildmix operations.
- Fixed code to properly redraw the Multitrack display during live playback Sac-Link or minimize/restore switching.
- Fixed code that could cause Automation Gallery inserts to jump down the timeline from the cursor position when certain VST plugins are patched anywhere in the MultiTrack.
- Fixed code to correctly display the Wide Mixer view with default mix templates that start with a Return or Output track as the first track.
- Fixed code that would lock up remote and slave network data when the About Window was open.
- Fixed code to stop a slave machine lockup that could occur when the slave is missing it's own copy of the host file trying to be played.
- Fixed code to properly chase the Control Track View entries on a remote machine.
- Fixed code in the Extract Session routine to properly restore the current edl if the process encounters an error and to also parse track labels for illegal filename characters as those track labels get used in the extracted soundfile names.
- Fixed code in the Export Tracks routine to parse track labels for illegal filename characters as those track labels get used in the exported soundfile names.
Check out www.sawstudio.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.