Steinberg Updates Nuendo to v5.5.2
Steinberg has released a maintenance update for its post-production solution Nuendo 5.
Version 5.5.2 addresses several issues, including the video engine performance and the MediaBay usability.
Improvements in 5.5.2:
- Video engine optimizations: Under Windows OS, Nuendo 5.5.2 features further improved decoding performance for Motion JPEG OpenDML video in AVI containers as well as Photo JPEG material.
Issues resolved in 5.5.2:
- Project: "Delete time" command now works properly if signature track is enabled.
- Audio: Converting tracks containing audio from VST Sound Sets from multi-channel to mono format no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- Audio: Selecting multiple files in the pool executing an offline-process no longer processes the only the first selected file.
- Record: Recording MIDI in “merge” mode no longer creates additional MIDI parts instead of merging.
- Record: Sample rates different than 44.1kHz no longer lead to multiplication of lanes due to wrong overlap resolution on project load.
- Video: Switching between Projects, doesn’t lead to video issues anymore.
- Video: Audio / Video file length mismatch no longer occurs.
- MediaBay: Enabling the "Align beats to project" and "Wait for project play" options no longer leads to playback issues with loops in the MediaBay previewer.
- MediaBay: Deleting multiple attributes for an item no longer affects other attributes than those selected.
- MediaBay: Naming folders with dots no longer leads to cropped names in the result view.
- MediaBay: When the preference "Scan unknown file types" is active, audio files without file extensions are now properly recognized when scanning.
- VST Bridge: VST 2 32-bit plug-ins in Nuendo in 64-bit mode under Mac OS X Lion are now displayed properly.
- VST-Bridge: Under OS X certain plug-ins no longer show up as bridged even though they were updated to support 64 bit.
- VST Expression: The VST Expression tab is now available in the Score Editor.
- VST Expression: When playing back in cycle mode all VST Expression commands are executed entirely.
- Track Freeze: Possible application crash when un-freezing HALion 4 Instrument Track is fixed.
- Marker position in exported CSV files is corrected for NTSC and HD frame rates.
- Control room volume can be operated from Euphonix MC controller when import or export window is opened.
- Transport: Using the scrubbing tool no longer leads to click noises.
- Sync: The sync frame rate is displayed properly in the Transport panel now.
- Plug-in: Using REVerence as an offline process plug-in now works properly.
- MIDI: Dragging a part no longer leads to inaccessibility on newly created MIDI tracks.
- Comping: Copying comped audio events no longer leads to moving instead of copying the events.
- Opening the Audio-Menu doesn't lead to unintended crossfades anymore.
- Interleaved multi-channel files in 5.0 format without BEXT meta data are now always interpreted as 5.0 files. (was: LCRS+LFE).
Viewers of this article also read...
- PropellerHead Ryan Greene Alt Drums ReFills Propellerhead released the latest installments in its ReFill Creator Series: Ryan Greene Alt Drums.
- [NAMM] iConnectMuse iConnectivity, developer of accessories and applications for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, debuted the iConnectMuse at the 2012 NAMM Show.
- Ueberschall Punk Rock Ueberschall releases Punk Rock, the first part of the new Rehearsal Tape Series.