or
Create an account

or

Thread Help me on studio equipments!

• 12 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
Topic Help me on studio equipments!
So I have a few things of my own right now...
M-audio firewire solo
ADK ST-class condenser mic
shure58
fender p-51
im gonna get a pop filter really soon

Recently someone i know told me that i should invest in a tube mic preamp...
and i've noticed another thing that everyone has a separate speaker for recording...
is it necessary? or can i just use the headphone jack on the solo firewire?

and should i get a mixer?
one more thing that i dont understand, is a MIDI samething as any interface? in a sense that i can connect my mic and guitar through it to record?
View this discussion’s subject
I have another question, are there electric guitar effect plug-ins for protools?
if yes can you guys tell me some of the good ones?
Whats up Audio Fanzine. Its Ronnie D, if your a producer with good beats, read this.

Im working with a music lawyer in Houston, Tx to put together the 7th Annual Listen and Exchange, a music producers conference in Houston Tx. Winning producers get there tracks shown to Music executives from all over and studio time with Michael '5000' Watts (CEO/DJ of Swishahouse - Slim Thug, Mike Jones and Paul Wall). Hurry out to Houston for this Hot event, taking place the last Friday and Saturday of February every year! Submission deadline is coming to an end so hurry up!

Panelists include Kevin Burris (manager of Mannie Fresh and Ray Cash), Cameron Wallace (producer for Beyonce), Manny Smith (A&R for interscope Records), just to name a few. Check out the website www.listenandexchange.com for more event and submission information.

Ronnie D
myspace.com/ronniedtracks
One of the things I can tell you is that every persons voice responds differently to different preamps and microphones. The hard part is sampling your voice with different mics and preamps. Your best bet is to go to a store and try them out. The problem is stores do not always carry the best preamps. In my studio we used to buy things online, try them out sell them and repeat. It was very time consuming and expensive but it's worth it when you find that tone your looking for.