- 1/4" TS input and output.
- 9-volt battery (included) or 9 to 24-volt DC PSU (for more headroom) with negative center.
- true bypass
- 3 controls: compression rate, EQ (post compression) and volume (post EQ)
- Internal on/off switch for the EQ.
- Canadian boutique pedal with high-quality components
Comp: Adjusts the compression rate
EQ: Adjusts the frequency response.
Volume: no need for an explanation!
In short: ultra easy to use.
I tested the Boss CS3 and it was a shock for me!
The Boss has too much compression, it modifies the sound dramatically and it generates too much noise!
With the Diamond the compression can be softer, the tonal character is not modified and there is no noise.
The EQ is great!
This Diamond has reconciled me with compressors! Unlike many boutique brands, Diamond offers really original products. I also want to test their Fireburst (fuzz effect). They don't stick to making vulgar copies, so take a look at their website and listen to the sound demos on youtube.
Even though I'm really satisfied, I give it 9/10 because of its high price.