Electro-Harmonix Freeze
Publié le 01/02/11 à 23:15
The Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal is one of the coolest I’ve tried in a long time. There aren’t too many of these types of pedals out there, that is that will give you endless sustain of notes and chords with the push of a button. The only reason I don’t own this pedal is because this feature is found on Electro-Harmonix’s Cathedral Reverb pedal, which I do own. The pedal has basic characteristics for pedal, with ¼” jacks for input and output and a power supply jack for a nine volt supply. I’m not sure if there’s a battery compartment as when I used it it was with an external power supply.

Using the Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal couldn’t be much simpler. It just has a mode switch with three different settings – fast, slow, and latch, and a knob for setting the effect level. Fast and slow modes related to the decay while latch mode is the main mode you’ll use for infinite sustain. I haven’t seen a manual for this pedal, nor is one really necessary since it’s so simple.

The possibilities with the Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal are really awesome. Having a chord or note sustained under your playing can be infinitely beneficial as it’s like having someone else holding a chord under you. It’s a ton of fun to play around with as you can play leads over a drone or chord without needing anyone else in the room. It’s also cool for getting effects with the level up all the way and in fast and slow decay modes for getting other types of sustained sounds.

The Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal is really a must have! I’ve been thinking about getting one even though I’ve already got a Cathedral Reverb which has a similar type of effect available. This gives you a little bit control over the infinite sustain and is a pedal that can be used either in a very practical manner or just to mess around with. Once you try Freeze I know you’ll want to pick one up for yourself!