Eminence Red Fang
Eminence Red Fang

Guitar speaker from Eminence belonging to the Redcoat series.

sverlag sverlag
Publié le 03/19/10 à 12:17
Value For Money : Poor
HP 12 "Alnico 50W. I have the version 8 Ohms
I was looking for an HP blues / rock / pop 70/80
I put on a Rivera Chubster 40 to replace a Celestion V30, a bit steep for my ears
Attention to the size of the bell (c is the pb with Alnico)

This HP is magnificent. I upgraded about 2 years ago with my Chubster V30 AC had made a very significant difference with the original HP (Celestion GL_55). But even after the break, there was something that limited sound capabilities, mediums very difficult to adjust, its a little in the figure, stiff. I was wanting to sell the amp.
Then I stumbled on this very positive reviews on HP and so I mounted. The price is high but still correct (paid 150 €)
The amp is turned. D bp with the first media has totally disappeared and the amp pots have become sensitive and effective. Then c is sweet, this stiffness is gone, with a beautiful grain and crunch and a nice natural compression, organic.
The sound is clear and well defined drive, if we push the saturation Chubster, it remains very clean and warm.
It also works well in simple hambucker microphones.

I've had 2 / 3 months.
J had on this amp so the origin of HP a little light and a V30. Sound quality is far above the V30 for the styles that I practice.
I love the warm, clear, compression natural that HP really sings.
The least see it. Attention has just the bell, it will not fit into any amp.
Yes I repeat the same, no pb, we play in the same court that the Celestion Gold has 25 or 30% cheaper. And c is incomparable in my opinion with a V30. My amp totally saw a regal, it s just bad for sleep, no longer stands still.