Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric
Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric

Guitar String from Dean Markley belonging to the NickelSteel series.

Scabiei Scabiei
Publié le 10/13/09 à 19:41
I'm in my second game of this type. The first difficulty is 3 months.

I recently fell to a two-tone tuning lowest (open C) and wanted a game not too expensive deep-draft history to see what I could now pull the best match.

I tried the 13-56 and 12-54 at Dean Markley. The 13-56 gives a powerful attack in this tuning for rhythm but arrived in attempts to solo technique I guess it must be a little more hardu, though quite feasible, however. I do not shred, but I noticed right away that the bends required a little more candid. Level tapping it does not interfere more than that.
The 12-54 is a little softer (logique. ..) but equally suited for this tuning, and lets just walk on to the handle a little easier.

In terms of lifespan, it is frankly not that great ... The diameter that to break a string, it should really strive above but after two months I already had the beginnings of problems keeping agreement after a few big shots of Floyd. Problem that did not feel was so fast with Ernie Ball for example.

on the other hand I really appreciated that although the proposed pulling the strings, even the most severe, are not high-voltage cables and they are thin enough and pleasant to the touch. One of the reasons that made me abandon the Ernie Ball when I was playing in 10-46, too round and thick for me to even small drawing.

So to summarize, they are worth their price, 4 € for pennies closely, but rather to reserve a rhythmic game only because their life is short. I think I fold in the medium term on the Dean Markley Blue Steel 12-54.

I said it had tested only those strings playing metal (rhythm and solo) on a hi-gain amp lamps.