G-Lab WW-1 Wowee-Wah
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 11/04/08 à 00:12
(Originally written by ghana02/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

I'm no specifications specialist but you'll find the main features bellow:
. Analog wah pedal.
. True bypass.
. Standard 9-volt power supply.
. Bass, Q-factor, Volume, Switch and Touch mode controls.
. Two effect activation modes, either as normal wah pedal or by foot pressure detection.
. Weight: 3 lb.

You'll find all the specs on the GLab web site.

It's a wah pedal so the configuration is very simple. Plug and play. I just bought it so I don't think I have experimented with all possible settings. However I would like to note that it is very easy to make settings with your foot.

I use it with a Parker Fly Deluxe and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. I also tested it with my Behringer amp. It doesn't seem to produce any noise when not active. The sound is really great.

I can hardly be objective because I'm so enthusiastic. I tested it on a trade show and since then I have been eager to get it.
I've been using it for one week and after 8-10 hours of use I have no regrets.
I previously used a Behringer, a Dunlop and a Trinity (I still have it).
I find the wah is the most difficult effect to control. I've always had a big activation/deactivation problem: Every time I have a solo I can't seem to manage to activate it on time so the first notes have no wah effect, and when I finish the solo the first chords of the rhythm part always come out blasting with the last shrill of the filter... The best of this pedal is that it turns on as soon as you put your foot on it and vice versa. This allows me to use it for two or three notes without risk.
The pedal has a pretty large control range and a terrific sound! I'm no wah master but I have lots of fun with it. But be careful because it is quite responsive and you'll probably need some time to control it.
It is made out of metal so I expect it to last a long time. Talk to you in ten years ;-).
As a conclusion, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.