< Tous les avis Gitane DG-300 John Jorgenson
Gitane DG-300 John Jorgenson
prprprpr prprprpr

«  Super scraper »

Published on 04/13/11 at 07:11
gypsy guitar "probably made in Asia"

Spruce
eclipses and Brazilian rosewood back (beautiful)
button and tailpiece Ebony
tortoiseshell edge so the most beautiful effect

U-shaped handle very pleasant though rather consistent

The guitar was made with great care and is really beautiful (beautiful selection of wood)

for photos: http://www.gypsyjazzguitars.com/guitar/gypsy/gitane/DG-300.html

guitar very light, very nice handle (a thousand other places Selmer copies at very low cost)
string height is perfect and the handle that without setting is perfectly right

Do not forget to use a pick "special" Gypsy which is three times thicker than a power to pick those who are accustomed to it because it contributes significantly to the sound and grip

I tried before many of the model between 350 and 500 euros each time and I was super disappointed to the point that I completely gave up. The sound of these copies Selmer was very poor, sustain zero and low non-existent. Then I came across this by chance Gitane. While the price is great on top, but the first blow of the pick, I got the sound I was looking for. As the store had a large number of gypsies as a luthier, I have also tested the same day under the same conditions of high-end models but does not bring anything more to me (probably due to my level)

If you find one, run a try because in my humble opinion, this model (albeit made in Asia) has a lot of qualities