Ultrasone HFI-650 Trackmaster
Ultrasone HFI-650 Trackmaster

HFI-650 Trackmaster, HiFi/audiophile headphone from Ultrasone in the HFI series.

Soulboogaloo 08/21/2003

Ultrasone HFI-650 Trackmaster : Soulboogaloo's user review

• Partager
I just got it a few days ago, so I will see perhaps my decision later ...
This is a closed headphone, design revolutionary because it simulates surround ambience without use of electronic artifacts, as is the case with the Dolby Headphones, for example. The process, called S-Logic, based on the fact that the speakers are off center, and are based on the anatomy of the ear, for "fool" the brain and it works! We really feel that the sound comes from outside, not in the head, as is the case with a conventional headphone. Furthermore, this design also reduces sound pressure: for the same listening comfort, you can listen to 4 dB less than traditional headphones: it all adds up to reduce listening fatigue, often with headphones closed.
In the least, however, I would see two things: its weight, and comfort: the head is a little too tight, which is not very pleasant.
Anyway, this makes a great tool in the studio, but also for watching DVDs, for example!
Brand Ultrasone, a young German brand is not well distributed, but we can still find products from Ultrasone Meier Audio (http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/), in which I paid € 145.
The press has sung the praises of this newcomer to the world of headphones: Music Tech Magazine, MCV, and even the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung!

More info: http://www.ultrasone.com