alekzo alekzo
Publié le 04/28/09 à 15:28
Archtop guitar (quarter case) from German series produced between 1960 and 1965/66 ...
- Table domed spruce (plated) / Back arched flamed maple (veneer) + "single cutaway"
- Channel 4 pieces glued (with trussrod) / header type "Les Paul" button / flat rosewood
- 22 frets (14 non-cash, including a "zero")
- Bridge floating plastic (original) and adjustment screws, metal
- A micro-simple/pickguard screwed to the handle and body, with controls Bass, Treble & Volume
- Mechanical Framus oil bath (type Kluson Deluxe)
- Finish "Blackrose" (or "redburst") original, plastic nets

Very fine, light, and rather small size: the aesthetic is a definite plus ...

- Channel fine and pleasant (with a trussrod for possible settings)
- The access is facilitated by the sharp cut in single-cutaway

On the other hand, I've never played archtop as light (in particular it explains the format: Gibson inordinate lovers, beware of deception!;)).

The projection and sound perfectly honest, given the size of the tool, and instead favors the midrange and treble, if my ear is still valid ...

The microphone provides a warm sound (some would say "vintage"), and the controls allow a wide spectrum of experiments.

I did not played on a really powerful amp pushed to block, but given the record on small tube amps, no doubt that there is potential ...

Finally, I use it mainly in open tuning, slide for a game and picking (or devilishly nicely saturated), and am filled with the material ...
My treatment rather "fat" sound is contrasted by the development of clean mids and highs to the device, which allows treble out really sharp, even a bit piercing.
What more could a fan of old blues (30's, 40's, 50's) ?!?...

I bought a crush on aesthetics and followed a well established ...
Having already had a previous Framus archtop (Sorella - 3 / 4 body) with a micro / pickguard, I wanted to find this type of microphone for a game console power tuning.
The format of this I finally decided (I appreciate rather small, especially for the sake of handling). The development of the midrange & treble was a pleasant surprise, because it lends itself particularly well to a game like the "early" blues ...

While this is certainly not a large stringed guitar, although rather sophisticated (for the series), but it is devilishly adapted to the use I am!

On the other hand, I do not put 10 because there is no ultimate guitar, otherwise it would have only one of which would be a boring !!...

And frankly, it's not looking?