Cakewalk Sonar V-Studio 700
Cakewalk has announced SONAR V-Studio 700.
SONAR V-Studio 700 represents the first and flagship product in the next generation V-Studio line of Cakewalk branded hardware and software solutions. With SONAR V-Studio 700 two music technology leaders have combined the best of their hardware and software engineering to address the growing needs of modern music professionals.
Roland pioneered the concept of combining hard disk recording with an ergonomic control surface. Now, a new generation of V-Studio builds on its legacy in new and innovative ways-combining Roland's renowned hardware expertise with the power and flexibility of Cakewalk's SONAR Producer DAW. SONAR V-Studio 700 addresses the gap between under-powered "budget" solutions and over-priced competitive solutions by offering a compelling, feature-rich music production system that is accessible to a broad range of users. And beyond that, the forward thinking design of SONAR V-Studio 700 addresses the needs of post production professionals by incorporating video and image hardware control functionality.
SONAR V-Studio 700SONAR V-Studio 700 includes:
- * SONAR 8 Producer + the full version of Rapture
* The VS-700C V-Studio Console
* The VS-700R V-Studio I/O
* The Integrated Roland Fantom VS hardware synthesizer
* Direct control of EDIROL video hardware such as the DV-7 line of nonlinear video editors and other hardware with V-Link support
SONAR V-Studio 700 matches SONAR 8 Producer with the VS-700C V-Studio Console multifunction control surface and VS-700R V-Studio I/O audio interface, which includes an onboard Roland Fantom VS Hardware synthesizer.
Pricing and availability
The SONAR V-Studio 700 system ships with SONAR 8 Producer, Rapture software synthesizer, the VS-700C V-Studio Console, the VS-700R V-Studio I/O with onboard Fantom VS synth, cables, and user guide.
SONAR V-Studio 700 will be available February 2009 and will be able to be experienced at select music and sound retailers and purchased for around $4,000. Cakewalk will be offering existing SONAR 8 Producer customers a $200 rebate on SONAR V-Studio 700, details will be made available at www.sonarvstudio.com.
For more information on SONAR V-Studio 700 and to view demonstration videos and a dealer locator, please visit www.sonarvstudio.com.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.