Tonerider AC4 Alnico IV Classic
Tonerider AC4 Alnico IV Classic

AC4 Alnico IV Classic, Humbucker guitar pickup from Tonerider.

barh2_0 10/30/2014

Tonerider AC4 Alnico IV Classic : barh2_0's user review

«  Good pick »

• Partager
PAF humbucker like AlNiCo 4 with chrome cover on mine.
I took it to replace the original micro bridge a Richmond Empire (mahogany, maple body / poplar). This is a clone of Classic 57 brand G & B (Korea). Not bad after all, was his job but seemed to lack a bit of resource in the face of single coil neck (a shame).
I stumbled upon the AC4 and I tried the blow more out of curiosity than necessity. The microphone is clean, well finished, the weight is reassuring is Chinese but the brand is transparent above.
My G & B original gave a humbucker sound very compact, the AC4 in contrast, is more accurate, clear notes stand out much better.
In terms of product range, the G & B and TR must play in the same court, but the AC4 is better to use my guitar.
I will not be the rave over and I guess I'll be more appreciative if I had dropped 150 euro for a Pearly Gates for example. With an investment of 45 euros, Honesty does not cost me anything.
In summary, for me, the AC4 is a great humbucker, very PAF, with particularity, a focus on the articulation of notes. Frankly, is that I will put on a guitar at 2000 euros? I do not know but on a guitar backgrounds range, I'm not sure I hear the difference with Seymour.