- Converters / out 'following models: symmetric or not)
- Input / Output: ADAT, Firewire owner, analog
- DSP that relieve your computer cpu
- Powerful routing software that allows cable to the mouse (just as you would in a real studio except that it's virtual)
- Many plugins running on the DSP synths, effects, tools, etc. ...
Easy installation provided to read the doc and go on specialized forums, including the famous www.plantez.com
As always (protools, uad, ... the same!) To inquire about the preferred config. I've always had a super stable with Intel (100% = 1 intel mac!) Or DFI LanParty TR2. Avoid Internet and software cracked and it rolls with the fire of God!
The manual is average must admit, the forums are super-reactive against .... Note maomusique.com planetz in France but is very comprehensive and internationnal (English required!).
Drivers very well since version 4 software scope. Scope comes in 5 August 2008.
The advantages to other systems arpport dsp (PowerCore and UAD to take the best known):
- Zero latency! Unlike uad and PowerCore X8 (I know that are great for mixing), the system allows scope to do live .. Mixer, playing synths and apply effects in real time for decision (guitars and vocals for example) is finally possible! It can even sound hardware graft on the console software. In short, everything is possible as on the right! Computing power is really good but have at least 14 dsp to mix a serious project and if you want to add more synths (John Bowen is one of the 3rd party!, B2003, and the famous Minimax Prodyssey ...)
Since 2001, I'm hooked. I sold my UAD expert because for the price it offered me a few (very good) plugins for mixing. Soniccore with the system, we have everything we need and the plugs are priced more democratic ....
Among the best plugs to buy:
1) keyboards: to have version 4.5 provides access to a lot of packages very well. Otherwise Flexor is a must for hackers of her (Cos and Void for feignats like me), synths Zarg John Bowen
2) effects: P100/a100 of sonictimeworks RMX160 home or DAS for reverb, compressors DAS, Vinco (package), the effects / filters are excellent at SPACEF (FATs too; better than in Waves L2), etc. ....
I am tempted by the new born Soniccore: Xite (the equivalent of 10 pro scope!).
Well, if mobility is not essential, a system with 14 or more PCI DSP lets you create your music easily and for a lower price than the Pro tools. Mixer on the DSP (not via cpu) ensures a smooth and its incomparable ... The PCI system is 10 years old and still guarantees in 2008, unbelievable. For the most demanding (power and desire of the total mobile studio ).... the Xite must! My macbook pro waiting to receive the Xite in express card ....
Value for money: very good considering all the plugs provided automatically and contrary to DSU / PowerCore interface / converters associated with DSP ... Of course you can combine a scope (audio acquisition, synths, effest, routing) with a UAD or powercorex8 example. it can afford to have different sounds. But I sold my UAD because I preferred to focus on more power dsp soniccore. Because once you get the right plug .... it quickly became hooked! It makes me 7 years ... and nothing changed my opinion for now ...