Roland KC-880
Roland KC-880

KC-880, Keyboard Amplifier from Roland in the KC series.

stf74 08/06/2014

Roland KC-880 : stf74's user review

«  The ergonomic pachiderme »

- 320 Watt (2 x 160 Watt)
- 2 speakers 12 "and 2 pavilions acute
- 4 stereo inputs with effects (XLR mic input on input 1)
- 3 AUX / Monitor with volume control
- Internal stereo effects (reverb, chorus, tremolo, rotary) switchable with EFX controller
- Equalisation Bass Medium High
- Volume separate headphone
- Link to stereo two KC-880
- Stereo XLR outputs, headphone output
- Switchable output for AUX input (internal speaker line output for click) signal
- Casters included Dimensions W x H x D: 759 x 585 x 470mm / weight: 44 kg

The handling is easy and the manual is clear and limpid.
It has 4 stereo inputs (2 jacks on each channel and an XLR mic input on the first channel)
a gain control for each and multiple AUX inputs, it is very convenient in terms of ergonomics and can connect multiple widgets on: I plug a bass, keyboards, electronic drums and the Ipod and groovebox above.
This really is the best for the home studio plug and play electronic drums (that for which I use). The clean sound is very airy and silky low enough, it's really good stuff.
Side effects, I do not use it yet.

I use it for several months (and I come back to my mind if I find things to complain)
What motivated my purchase is above all I was playing with a friend who had a KC550 with its trendy + my bass keyboards and the sound was very good. I researched this model OCCAZ and I fell on the KC880 has a very good price.

It's really an amp for fun and to connect various instruments in record time. This is a bit of a mixing desk with amplified speakers all in one and it weighs a dead donkey, help for lugging this thing together (plus the handles on the sides are very poorly designed and breaks wrists -1 for this).

It's big, heavy, bulky and it sends (a bit like me but I sent a lot less).

Quality new money seems justified enough for me such a device because it is not a cube (I had almost half the price, this is why I fell)

With the experience I remake that choice instead of buying full amp bass, keyboards, table, voice, etc ...; it saves space, money and the sound is more "uniform."