Casio XW-P1
mrjason mrjason

« perfect for a live musician »

Published on 10/30/12 at 23:19
The Casio XW-P1 is a synthesizer that is more designed for live use, but can be used in a studio or at home for playing and practicing with. The Casio XW-P1 has a 6 oscillator monophonic solo synth on it that creates some amazing tones effortlessly. Every single oscillator has its own independent filter, independent key tracking, two LFO’s and portamento.

The Casio XW-P1 has 9 individual sliders that will give you full control over the Drawbar Organ to provide some distortion or vibrato to your sound. The arpeggiator on the Casio XW-P1 is also very good for it to be this price. The arpeggiator can be programmed to how you want it to sound. You will have full control over all of the sounds in real time by tweaking some knobs and using the pitch bend or mod wheels.

The Casio XW-P1 does have a step sequencer on it that I am not too happy with though. I don’t like the step sequencer, maybe because I am use to using the step sequencers with my DAW or software music production programs. I am always cautious before getting a piece of great that has a step sequencer on it because I know that I will probably never use it. The step sequencer on the Casio XW-P1 would be great to use to build their mix in real time and change things up fast.
The Casio XW-P1 overall is a well built keyboard and it is very affordable, I would only suggest someone who is more into live use to get this keyboard. It is easy to transport from place to place because it is light and can fit into a keyboard case. The acoustic piano sounds on the Casio XW-P1 will also surprise you because for the price of it you would not expect to get those well developed and engineered sounds.