AlexandreC 01/02/2013

Eagletone CM90 : AlexandreC's user review

«  Do not be fooled by its price: it's a real studio mic! »

• Partager
Studio microphone capsule lamp double wide membrane.
9 directional omni 8 possible via semi-cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, hyper-cardioid (and three missing, I can not name them)

A microphone suitable for close miking and medium-range studio for vocals and wind instruments (note the sound pressure if you play a brass instrument)

I use it in my apartment (home studio) to record my voice (deep bass). I also tried with my trumpet and my flute (away from the microphone!).

I suspend it high and upside down as it is often the singers (it requires the singer to stand straight).

This is a big headache for deep bass bit fortunate as to find a microphone, not to speak of flutists! There were indeed two difficult cases: a serious side are the lowest spectrum of most micro, the other a clean sound that brings out any distortion.

For here was a real serious large-diaphragm microphone: sound is round and warm, my voice is natural. I'd love to find an equivalent for the scene ...

Trial by fire is the flute unfortunately the test is inconclusive because I hear distortion in my recorder, but I guess that the micro deserves a good installation: sacrificing the preamp gain and the level of output, I have a very round sound without audible distortion.

I'm really happy with this microphone: I was attracted by the relative bandwidth / price and I do not expect to have such quality. At this price, this is madness!

If one day I need another mic for my home studio, I would take the same.